DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· AllStar
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I change channels when using the optical digital audio out I get a loud "CRACK" through my speakers once the tuner finds the new channel signal. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have the digital output going directly to my Amp.

· Icon
582 Posts
Just hooked up the HR20 Dec 30th. Have not had any audio trouble like that. However, ABC audio was real bad during Rose Bowl parade. I tuned in to the OTA channel and it was just the same. It got better once the games started.

· You make it, We break it
4,480 Posts
dugmar,
you might want to start with the basics like how and where are your Amp and HR-20 plugged in? Power strip together? Separate circuit, etc? You might want to plug them in very separately (like using an extension cord to plug one in on another circuit) and see if the problem persists.

dugmar said:
When I change channels when using the optical digital audio out I get a loud "CRACK" through my speakers once the tuner finds the new channel signal. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have the digital output going directly to my Amp.

· Registered
5,952 Posts
dugmar said:
Yes, running Dolby prologic on my setup.
It only pops once when the channel is changed, but when it does the dogs wake up and jump off the couch.

Thanks,

Doug
It's most probably your hifi receiver trying to sync up with the audio mode being sent to it by the HR20. Mine does the same thing....except, built into the logic of the hifi receiver is a "mute until sync'd", so i don't get the popping sound.

Do you have your amp setup for "autodetect" dolby? If so, turn it off. Set it in Dolby all the time, and I bet it will stop popping.

· AllStar
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hasan said:
It's most probably your hifi receiver trying to sync up with the audio mode being sent to it by the HR20. Mine does the same thing....except, built into the logic of the hifi receiver is a "mute until sync'd", so i don't get the popping sound.

Do you have your amp setup for "autodetect" dolby? If so, turn it off. Set it in Dolby all the time, and I bet it will stop popping.
Cool, thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.