DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering switching up from a current round Dish 500 antenna attached to a 625 DVR to an oval Dish D1000.4 antenna and probably a ViP722k DVR for HD. My mounting pole for the current oval antenna has a 1-5/8 inch OD and is only 6-1/2 inches from the wall of my house. I have plenty of clearance with the 500's shape looking at 110 and 119, but I want to be able to look at 61.5, 72, and 77 with the HD setup. What are the physical dimensions of the D1000.4 antenna itself in maximum width and height? I want to make sure that I have enough clearance between the left edge of the antenna (left if standing behind and looking at what the antenna sees) and my outside wall and could not seem to find this info anywhere.

Thanks for the assistance.

· Hall Of Fame
5,581 Posts
javincent said:
I'm considering switching up from a current round Dish 500 antenna attached to a 625 DVR to an oval Dish D1000.4 antenna and probably a ViP722k DVR for HD. My mounting pole for the current oval antenna has a 1-5/8 inch OD and is only 6-1/2 inches from the wall of my house. I have plenty of clearance with the 500's shape looking at 110 and 119, but I want to be able to look at 61.5, 72, and 77 with the HD setup. What are the physical dimensions of the D1000.4 antenna itself in maximum width and height? I want to make sure that I have enough clearance between the left edge of the antenna (left if standing behind and looking at what the antenna sees) and my outside wall and could not seem to find this info anywhere.

Thanks for the assistance.
For Eastern Arc you need to mount the dish close to 90 degrees east of your 110 dish. In other words the mount will have to be in a different location to see the three satellites that make up Eastern Arc.:):):)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.