DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Legend
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of the direct tv dvr's allow you to watch shows recorded on the dvr on more than one tv? I switched to Dish last year, and am thinking about coming back, but my dish 625 has this feature, and it really is a great feature.

· Super Moderator
12,437 Posts
No. All of the DirecTV DVR's have a single video output. If you want to watch the same thing on two TV's, you can feed multiple TVs from the DVR, but you can't watch different programming on them.

However, there is only one DVR charge per account, so you can add a second DVR to your account for the same cost as an additional receiver - $4.99. That way each TV can have it's own DVR. Other than having to run coax to the second location, that is probably the best option.

Carl

· Godfather
288 Posts
I remember being quite interested in "Tivo to go" technology, which would allow you to watch recorded content on a TV that wasn't physically connected to the device via your home WiFi network.

And I remember being disappointed that the D* Tivos don't offer this feature.

· Legend
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
carl6 said:
No. All of the DirecTV DVR's have a single video output. If you want to watch the same thing on two TV's, you can feed multiple TVs from the DVR, but you can't watch different programming on them.

However, there is only one DVR charge per account, so you can add a second DVR to your account for the same cost as an additional receiver - $4.99. That way each TV can have it's own DVR. Other than having to run coax to the second location, that is probably the best option.

Carl
Thanks for the reply. I've got an old tivo box that served as a receiver as well...........maybe that would be an option. I'll still have to think about it. That feature is a good option to have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.