DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm currently a Time Warner customer and I'm thinking of making the switch to DirectTv. I'm an avid Miami Heat fan and I have a few questions regarding DirectTv.

First off Time Warner Cable in my area, Erie Pa (16509) offers NBA League Pass but they only carry one HD channel feed and they also do not offer dual feeds (Home or away announcers) I've noticed Direct Tv does.

Is it possible since Sun Sports carries all of the Miami Heat games in Miami can I just add the SPORTS PACK for $12.99/month and receive the Miami Heat games or is it subject to Black out being I am out of that region (PA) ? I was told by a local DirectTv sales rep I would be able to. I thought I had read online that would not be the case.

Is this possible or is NBA League Pass my only option... ?

Thanks,

·
Hall Of Fame
1,224 Posts
Lol! I live in Florida, Sunsports is one of our RSNs and even I would have to pay for NBA LP to see the Heat if I wanted. Sportspack will get you a lot of college games in the clear (even some in ESPNs out of market packages) but all pro sports are blacked out if it is not from your own local RSN.

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have another question, Is a landline phone required to be connected to any of the receivers to get NBA League Pass or any of the DVR services ?

I've heard mixed answers on this subject.

fwiw I have broadband internet and wifi @ home

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
I don't think I'd call that a DVR service. But I have gotten scare tactics from DirecTV regarding the landline and how things wont work. Of course as we know, everything does, at least as long as there's an Internet Connection, except caller ID of course.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,224 Posts
"jws21" said:
I have another question, Is a landline phone required to be connected to any of the receivers to get NBA League Pass or any of the DVR services ?

I've heard mixed answers on this subject.

fwiw I have broadband internet and wifi @ home
They will tell you have to have it connected but I have wifi now through the box and there's no issue, and even way before the wifi days I never had an issue without having it connected to a phone line other than when I had a TIVO box. TIVO it was a must.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.