DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
Denver User said:
Hope someone could answer some questions about direct's new promotion I was interested in the to $59 package w/ Starz and Showtime. Do I get the movie pack for the year or I did notice it said limited time for Showtime but it did not say for how long. :confused:
Not sure about this one - I haven't seen anything on this promotion.

Also on the standard DVR dual turner does it need to be plugged into a phone line? Is there a fee if not? And are the recordings shared so I could watch them on on either tv. :confused:
There is debate on the phone line thing. Installers are told there needs to be a phone line connected, but it will function (for the most part) without it. There is no fee like with Dish if the phone line is not connected. The recordings cannot be shared between receivers. Some have set things up to load them onto their computers and such, but no such functionality built into the receivers at this point.

Also once installed is there an option to have the contract or not? I know with dish there is a box in the contract saying if you want the 18 month commitment or not. If not the $49.99 activation is charged. Does direct have this option?:(
Any activation of a receiver or DVR will require a one or two year programming commitment. One year for your basic, standard definition receiver only. Two years for "advanced technology" receivers - HD receivers and any (SD or HD) DVR. No option on that, and no activation fee.

Sorry to such a newbie only had dish.
You never have to apologize for asking questions here.

Most important of all - welcome to DBSTalk! :welcome_s

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.