DBSTalk Forum banner

Directv and northwest broadcasting fighting again.

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Michael H.. 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Well, at least they dropped it from 600% to 300%.... :D :D (which is what it was last year).

#5 ·
cariera said:
Perhaps Brian Brady of Northwest Broadcasting can explain to me how Directv is unfair and bullying these poor local stations, when Directv is paying for a product that the local stations are giving away for FREE.

Man, I hate carriage disputes.
He also makes it sound as if DirecTV is the only provider that ever has carriage disputes. :nono: Wait until their contract with Dish comes up for renewal :lol:

#6 ·
Curious...
Coincidental with the carriage dispute, the DirecTV Local/DNS Eligibility site, shows Hermiston OR/Yakima WA/Tri-Cities WA DirecTV subscribers eligible for FOX DNS.
Has anyone, within/out OTA range, in DMA126 gone ahead and gotten 399 FOXwHD DNS turned on because of the dispute?

This would provide network programming, and because 11 FOX KTTV does not even produce their own local news broadcast, subscribers with 399 would receive essentially all of the programming they would receive with 11... the major difference would be NFL regional broadcasts, SF 49ers/OAK Raiders/SD Chargers games instead of SEA Seahawks for example. (11 FOX outsources with 23/25 NBC locally [NBC which is LIL on DirecTV] to produce local news broadcasts on their behalf... same NBC reporters/facilities/clips and then turns around and rebroadcasts those in SD on 11 FOX). IOW, just tune to 23/25 NBC and receive the identical broadcast you would get on 11 FOX... except it would be in HD.

For this, NorthWest Broadcasting feels they are entitled to... how much?

My opinion? DirecTV should withdraw their offer, and proceed with providing 399 FOXwHD to all DMA 126 subscribers in its place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.