DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DIRECTV and Starz Entertainment extend distribution agreement
Monday, April 16, 2012 08:08:23 AM

Starz Entertainment, LLC, and DIRECTV have entered into a multi-platform distribution agreement extension.

The new deal provides for DIRECTV to continue to offer the Starz Entertainment premium channels, HD, and on-demand services, and grants DIRECTV the rights to offer STARZ ONLINE and ENCORE ONLINE services on its DIRECTV Everywhere service, which is currently in beta, for its authenticated STARZ Super Pack subscribers.

In addition, the agreement enables DIRECTV to launch MOVIEPLEX, INDIEPLEX, and RETROPLEX, and the related MOVIEPLEX ON DEMAND and MOVIEPLEX ONLINE service on DIRECTV Everywhere.

Financial terms and other deal specifics were not disclosed.

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
"dicethrower" said:
DIRECTV and Starz Entertainment extend distribution agreement
Monday, April 16, 2012 08:08:23 AM

Starz Entertainment, LLC, and DIRECTV have entered into a multi-platform distribution agreement extension.

The new deal provides for DIRECTV to continue to offer the Starz Entertainment premium channels, HD, and on-demand services, and grants DIRECTV the rights to offer STARZ ONLINE and ENCORE ONLINE services on its DIRECTV Everywhere service, which is currently in beta, for its authenticated STARZ Super Pack subscribers.

In addition, the agreement enables DIRECTV to launch MOVIEPLEX, INDIEPLEX, and RETROPLEX, and the related MOVIEPLEX ON DEMAND and MOVIEPLEX ONLINE service on DIRECTV Everywhere.

Financial terms and other deal specifics were not disclosed.
The plex channels are coming to directv? Hope we get hd.

· Godfather
584 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
"TheRatPatrol" said:
And they have room to add them, these channels are all open, looks like D* was planning ahead
Didn't think the plex channels were premium.

· Chancellor
8,483 Posts
tonyd79 said:
Probably because Dish Network offered them in their version of the HD Extra package...

DirecTV could offer them bundled with the Starz package, Choice Ultimate, or they could offer them in the HD Extra package, or I guess whatever the heck DirecTV and Starz manages to come to an agreement for...

tonyd79 said:
The plex channels are coming to directv? Hope we get hd.
Only Indieplex and Retroplex are available in HD. Movieplex isn't HD yet to my knowledge...

~Alan

· Hall Of Fame
3,715 Posts
I wonder if this means we'll get the remaining Encore channels or IndiePlex and RetroPlex in HD.

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
Alan Gordon said:
Probably because Dish Network offered them in their version of the HD Extra package...

DirecTV could offer them bundled with the Starz package, Choice Ultimate, or they could offer them in the HD Extra package, or I guess whatever the heck DirecTV and Starz manages to come to an agreement for...
I believe they are offered at the medium package on fios, but only in sd.

Alan Gordon said:
Only Indieplex and Retroplex are available in HD. Movieplex isn't HD yet to my knowledge...

~Alan
True. But those two would be fine.

· Hall Of Fame
3,715 Posts
tonyd79 said:
I'm guessing they'll be on both Starz Super Pack and Choice Ultimate like Encore is.

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
Until last year, movie plex was actually a taste of encore to try to entice people to get encore. It is now its own channel.

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
"Paul Secic" said:
Us Dish customers have all plex channels in HD except Movieplex.
That would be two?

;)

And I care, why?

· Godfather
279 Posts
tonyd79 said:
Actually, it would have been a useful post if he told us something about how Dish packages the channels.
Unless it has changed it is part of the Platinum HD package, which I think is now called Blockbuster @Home. It is similar to DirecTV's HD Extra pacakge, it is an extra $10 per month.

· Hall Of Fame
1,711 Posts
If they added the Plex channels to the HD Extra Pack it would make it a much more interesting package.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.