DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a smart phone or tablet, download the free Viggle app and start earning rewards for watching DIRECTV. Works much like Shazam in that it does an audio fingerprint of what you are watching. Available for free at the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android devices.

DIRECTV customers will receive extra bonus Viggle points (for select shows) that customers from other television providers are not eligible for. Might as well start earning something for watching TV anyway. Doesn't cost anything and you're essentially paid to watch television. The NFL Sunday Ticket games this weekend will be eligible for bonus points, as will some Premium programming this weekend.

Some of the trivia they have via Viggle Live during certain shows is rather fun and an easy way to earn additional points.

USE PROMO CODE "DIRECTV" if you are new to Viggle to earn a signup bonus.

http://www.mobilemarketer.com/cms/news/television/13670.html

For those of you that have already been "viggling" prior to today, make sure you start to authenticate with the app by going into your settings menu and reselecting your TV provider. It will ask you to link your DIRECTV account. This is the only way to be eligible for DIRECTV bonus points by going through the authentication process.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
303 Posts
Thank you for the code. Signed up, worked. Interesting product. If people want to pay me for watching tv, by all means do it. :)

Did a little research on this product and looks like Robert Sillerman's idea. He of LiveNation, Elvis Presley Estate, American Idol fame.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ChicagoBlue said:
Thank you for the code. Signed up, worked. Interesting product. If people want to pay me for watching tv, by all means do it. :)

Did a little research on this product and looks like Robert Sillerman's idea. He of LiveNation, Elvis Presley Estate, American Idol fame.
Yup, that's the guy.

I've earned a few free Starbucks drinks and I'm on my way to a MacBook right now...going to take awhile but earning points is pretty easy. Earned a bunch during the Monday Night Football game last night playing their MyGuy game within the Viggle app.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
203 Posts
I downloaded and play with this app on Thursday during the football game. I played the MyGuy game during the game and won. It's said congrats you won... which was suppose to give me +1000 points. Never got them, sent and e-mail to Viggle which says that will get back to me in 72 hrs. I still have not heard back from them. Seems like a waste if the app is not going to work :-(
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
12,954 Posts
The app is buggy and erratic. Gets shows wrong. Doesn't recognize Red Zone or even som Fox network shows. And doesn't remember your login.

I'm about to give up on it.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
12,954 Posts
I'm gone. Tried to reset my account to get directv bonus points. It deactivated but says I can not restart. This is crap.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,913 Posts
Well, I thought this Viggle might be kind of lame, but its actually not bad. Since I signed up on 9/8, I have accumulated over 14,000 points. More then enough for $5 debit card at CVS or Starbucks and almost half way to a $15 Chili's card.

When watching NFL games that I'm normally not that interested in, the "My Guy" fantasy football competition helps hold my interest. I'm not much of a fantasy football player, since it typically involves too much time. This game is just play whenever you feel like it. Then just picking one player per play and playing against 9 other random opponents. With a chance to win and receive 1000 points.

To earn other points, when you watch a TV program or game, you simply tap the screen. It listens to the sound from the TV and then checks you in. Then it accumulates points, until you check in for something else. Or at the end of the length of time the program lasts, it will check you out and give you your points total.

Some programs have bonuses up to 200 points. And it gives you the programs that will earn bonuses that day and a couple days in advance. So you can just tune in, get your bonus points and then change the channel to something you want to watch. If you watch a 15 sec commercial, up to 75 points earned (I should say, play a 30 second commercial, while you watch something else).

So overall, I would say that its worth a look.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,913 Posts
hdtvfan0001 said:
OK - I signed up primarily to see how all this works.

I've participated in other programs before that tracked viewership, so it's not totally foreign.

Should be interesting.
Good for you! Hope you enjoy it.

And for tracking viewership, its easier then filling out the old diaries they had years ago. And even DIRECTV tracks viewership, if you don't opt out. And their results may be a bit off with what I do. If I see a high bonus show listed, I tune to it, check in and let it run.

Viggle will accumulate points, until the show ends. So you can then be watching something else. So their viewership numbers may be a bit skewed. And by the way, you can back out of Viggle and use other apps while its active. Just don't log out of it.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tonyd79 said:
The app is buggy and erratic. Gets shows wrong. Doesn't recognize Red Zone or even som Fox network shows. And doesn't remember your login.

I'm about to give up on it.
They had some issues with Red Zone the first week plus because it couldn't tell if it was the game you were watching or red zone. They have since made some changes on that and it works much better.

I'm up to about 26,000 points now....a few free Starbucks or maybe I'll hold out for something more. :)

The login issue you are having, that is weird. Have you tried to delete the app and reinstall? I've had zero issues with the logins. Make sure that you have linked to DIRECTV in the settings as well.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
233 Posts
Satelliteracer, let the folks know that the app isn't properly recognizing BabyFirstTv shows, and it is not even allowing me to manually check in. My phone is a Samsung Stratosphere, an android.

Other than that, app works fine and it's very easy to earn points.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,753 Posts
Satelliteracer said:
They had some issues with Red Zone the first week plus because it couldn't tell if it was the game you were watching or red zone. They have since made some changes on that and it works much better.
In my experience, checking in for the Red Zone Channel has been working fine as long as I manage to do it while Andrew Siciliano is talking.

Only problem is that Viggle lists it as "NFL RedZone," i.e., the "competing" version that's carried by cable and Dish.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,784 Posts
"Satelliteracer" said:
Yup, that's the guy.

I've earned a few free Starbucks drinks and I'm on my way to a MacBook right now...going to take awhile but earning points is pretty easy. Earned a bunch during the Monday Night Football game last night playing their MyGuy game within the Viggle app.
Looks like the awards must change from time to time. I don't see an award for a MacBook. I do see an IPod and AppleTv.

App seems fairly straight forward, although a little bit buggy. Crashed once and "My Guy" won't connect.

Also, could not find the App from the Itunes App store, ended up going to the viggle website and linking from there.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TravelFan1 said:
Satelliteracer, let the folks know that the app isn't properly recognizing BabyFirstTv shows, and it is not even allowing me to manually check in. My phone is a Samsung Stratosphere, an android.

Other than that, app works fine and it's very easy to earn points.
Babyfirst isn't one of the channels that it works on. There are about 170 to 180 channels that it works on, but BabyFirst isn't one of them.

If you go to settings and then to CHANNEL LIST withing the app it will give you all the channels that Viggle works with.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
raott said:
Looks like the awards must change from time to time. I don't see an award for a MacBook. I do see an IPod and AppleTv.

App seems fairly straight forward, although a little bit buggy. Crashed once and "My Guy" won't connect.

Also, could not find the App from the Itunes App store, ended up going to the viggle website and linking from there.
Correct, the rewards change from time to time. Think of it as if they have an inventory of items and if they sell out or the sponsor of those items (Apple, Best Buy, etc) changes then those rewards can change. Some have been very constant, some change. I've redeemed a few thus far and I'm sitting on 25k+ right now....got some nice points tonight with Family Guy plus the in show trivia, Simpsons, Homeland and Dexter.
 
1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top