Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DIRECTV Announces Webcast for Third Quarter 2006 Financial Results and Outlook

Source: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=127160&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=918817&highlight=

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Oct 19, 2006 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- DIRECTV (NYSE:DTV) will host an Internet webcast for its 2006 third quarter financial results, outlook, and other forward looking information at 11:00 a.m. ET, 8:00 a.m. PT on Wednesday, November 8th, 2006.

When: 11:00 a.m. ET/8:00 a.m. PT; Wednesday, November 8th, 2006

Webcast: www.directv.com/investor

Host: Jon Rubin, Vice President
DIRECTV Investor Relations

Please access the web site approximately 10 minutes prior to the start time in order to download and install any necessary software.

An archived copy of the webcast of The DIRECTV Group's third quarter 2006 earnings call will be available on the company's website at www.directv.com/investor

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP...

Just a reminder, this is tomorrow.

I'll have to listen to the download, as I won't be at a PC during the live event.

Feel free to discuss anything talked about in the webcast, here in the thread

·
Icon
530 Posts
About 10 min in to Webcast:

Chase mentions the prime metric which fell below goal was churn. Despite a reduction from 2005, it was higher than goal.

Chase specifically states that a driver of churn was the "debugging iof set-top boxes"

The next guy (i missed name) said Voluntary churn actually increased... and was acknowledged to the "reasons Chase mentioned"....

·
Godfather
262 Posts
They had to also acklnowlege their currently industry trailing HD offerings/quality as being one of the reasons for churn....(I have not listened yet, but curious if it was brought up).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.