DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,456 Posts
bman3333 said:
Why can't they get the Hide SD Channels setting to work? I have it selected, but the SD channels still show in the guide!
I just checked this and my SD channels don't seem to appear in the Channel Guide if the box is checked in Settings to hide them. I have them also set to hide ont he individual devices as well. :shrug:
 

·
Large Member
Joined
·
4,867 Posts
bman3333 said:
Why can't they get the Hide SD Channels setting to work? I have it selected, but the SD channels still show in the guide!
After updating try clearing cache and data from settings/apps for the D* app. That has solved lots of update weirdness for me on other apps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,514 Posts
I would love for anyone from DIRECTV to explain why the app needs the permission to Automatically Start at Boot.

This permission was added in the previous release when DIRECTV Everywhere was introduced, but the previous versions of the app worked just fine without needing to start at boot.

Too many apps are adding permissions without even a simple explanation in the description ...
 

·
Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt
Joined
·
5,287 Posts
To test a concern over the update I booted my SGII several times. The app doesn't start at boot up. So no big deal.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
5,251 Posts
I used this app yesterday to schedule recordings of Hatfields & McCoys, Part 1&2 and also Part 3&4. For both recordings I chose the later showings at 11:01 PM to avoid any potential conflicts. However, neither recording showed up in the to do list. This morning, upon noticing that the recordings did not schedule, I went back into the app and set them up again, thins time changing it from "if possible" to "definitely". That worked, sort of. Both recordings were set up, but not at the 11:01 PM time listed in the app, but at 9:00, thereby cancelling other recordings that were at that time slot.

I am not sure if this is a failing of the app or my receiver.
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
34 Posts
hdtvfan0001 said:
I just checked this and my SD channels don't seem to appear in the Channel Guide if the box is checked in Settings to hide them. I have them also set to hide ont he individual devices as well. :shrug:
I should clarify - when I select Browse by Channel, the SD Channels are not shown. When I select Browse by Date & Time, the duplicate SD Channels show in the guide, regardless if you select Hide SD Channels in the settings, and after clearing cache and data.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,065 Posts
bman3333 said:
I should clarify - when I select Browse by Channel, the SD Channels are not shown. When I select Browse by Date & Time, the duplicate SD Channels show in the guide, regardless if you select Hide SD Channels in the settings, and after clearing cache and data.
Ditto.

HTC Incredible
Cyanogen Mod 7.2 RC2
Android Version 2.3.7
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,456 Posts
bman3333 said:
I should clarify - when I select Browse by Channel, the SD Channels are not shown. When I select Browse by Date & Time, the duplicate SD Channels show in the guide, regardless if you select Hide SD Channels in the settings, and after clearing cache and data.
Thanks for that added clarification.

That indeed seems to be the common experience.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,585 Posts
Watched about 6 minutes of the movie "Paul" on my Razr Maxx running Android 2.3.6 (Verizon). No problems with choppy video and audio like the last version. Connected via WiFi. I'll need to try it sometime when I'm on 3G or 4G to check performance.
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
18 Posts
This app does not allow additional padding when recording on a HR-34. It says HR-34 does not support the feature.
But I can do it just find when directly recording on my HR-34. This feature comes in very handy when recording a sporting event.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
266 Posts
larry976 said:
This app does not allow additional padding when recording on a HR-34. It says HR-34 does not support the feature.
But I can do it just find when directly recording on my HR-34. This feature comes in very handy when recording a sporting event.
To temporarily get around this problem, record the show directly following your sporting event as well. That way you get the padding by default.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
152 Posts
Why does this app need to know Phone state and identity? If installed, this application has access to my cell phone number, phone serial number, if a call is active and even the number the call is connected to. The application is also newly allowed to automatically start at boot so it is always running and sharing (?) phone data. Not to mention slowing the phone down.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
883 Posts
"JamesTPDI" said:
Why does this app need to know Phone state and identity? If installed, this application has access to my cell phone number, phone serial number, if a call is active and even the number the call is connected to.
Because the app now streams video. Without detecting phone state, when you get a call the video AND audio would continue to play. Identity comes along with the phone state permission.
The application is also newly allowed to automatically start at boot so it is always running and sharing (?) phone data. Not to mention slowing the phone down.
Only it doesn't run non-stop. Go check your running processes, if you haven't used the app recently it won't be there. My guess? Some type of an update check. App update, program info, who knows really. I can tell you, there is no constantly running process on my phone.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top