DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New update available in Google Play Store. See 2nd screen shot for "What's New". The first issue I see is in "Watch On Phone". In "Network" it shows I'm subscribed to HBO and Encore which I'm not. See 1st screen shot.
The other issue is in the guide listing. Channels that you don't want to be displayed can't be deleted, unlike the "Favorite Channels" options in the receiver.

Sky Font Screenshot Communication Device Gadget

Font Communication Device Screenshot Multimedia Portable communications device

Attachments

· Icon
881 Posts
"BubblePuppy" said:
The other issue is in the guide listing. Channels that you don't want to be displayed can't be deleted, unlike the "Favorite Channels" options in the receiver.
The app has never had an editable channel listing. You can hide SD channels and OD listings, but you'll see everything else, including SD and HD D* Cinema channels.

I search for shows that I want to record using the D* app. I use i.TV for a guide app. Fully customisable and ad free at this point. Works much better for me.

5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"dualsub2006" said:
The app has never had an editable channel listing. You can hide SD channels and OD listings, but you'll see everything else, including SD and HD D* Cinema channels.

I search for shows that I want to record using the D* app. I use i.TV for a guide app. Fully customisable and ad free at this point. Works much better for me.
Hmmm... Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "issue" when describing this flaw in the app. I've been using this app since it was first released so I'm very familiar with it. Being able to edit the guide has always been on my wish list, not just hiding the SD channels.

· Icon
748 Posts
BubblePuppy said:
New update available in Google Play Store. See 2nd screen shot for "What's New". The first issue I see is in "Watch On Phone". In "Network" it shows I'm subscribed to HBO and Encore which I'm not. See 1st screen shot.
Same here, and I still can't watch anything, just a "Sorry, DirecTV has stopped" if I try to watch one of the shows on AUD. Is this app also supposed to let me watch things like ABC on Demand?

5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"lokar" said:
Same here, and I still can't watch anything, just a "Sorry, DirecTV has stopped" if I try to watch one of the shows on AUD. Is this app also supposed to let me watch things like ABC on Demand?
You didn't mention what device you're using. There are some devices, like HTC apparently, that Watch on Phone doesn't seem to work with or just aren't supported yet. It works fine on my SGII.

· Legend
265 Posts
BubblePuppy said:
You didn't mention what device you're using. There are some devices, like HTC apparently, that Watch on Phone doesn't seem to work with or just aren't supported yet. It works fine on my SGII.
BubblePuppy,

I have an HTC Incredible phone and can watch shows fine on it. I tested it with watching "Collective Soul" concert from the Audience network. Worked great.

I could not test a pay channel since I do not subscribe to any of those. :(

5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Holydoc" said:
BubblePuppy,

I have an HTC Incredible phone and can watch shows fine on it. I tested it with watching "Collective Soul" concert from the Audience network. Worked great.

I could not test a pay channel since I do not subscribe to any of those. :(
There are people who use HTC phones that this feature is not working for them. This could be a screen resolution issue, who knows why it works for some and not others.

· Icon
748 Posts
BubblePuppy said:
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with ICS, it is stock and I haven't rooted it or anything.

· Hall Of Fame
2,789 Posts
BubblePuppy said:
There are people who use HTC phones that this feature is not working for them. This could be a screen resolution issue, who knows why it works for some and not others.
ahhh screen resolution(and ppi for the size of screen) issue makes some sense....would need to see if anyone with the SGS3 gets it to work...

posted in other thread Myself and a group over at xda with the EVO 4G LTE all experience this problem, all with devices in different states(unlocked, locked, rooted, bone stock...)...

· Hall Of Fame
2,789 Posts
BubblePuppy said:
ahhh screen resolution(and ppi for the size of screen) issue makes some sense....would need to see if anyone with the SGS3 gets it to work...

posted in other thread Myself and a group over at xda with the EVO 4G LTE all experience this problem, all with devices in different states(unlocked, locked, rooted, bone stock...)...

Just result in getting the "Error in media player" message when try to stream...This being over perfectly working wifi too...

G

·
Well the information shared was nice and it looks like a good application. I am also android user but never tried this. It works with some channels such as HBO, starz, sony etc. Hope it will be available soon with more channels.

· Legend
116 Posts
it will not work on my driod 4 some reason...ive tried everything ..
:mad: it will play the trailiers on encore,hbo. but the sony & audience channels will load up & stop go back to where you select what to watch......yes i have sony channel...any ideas

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.