DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 291 Posts

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first time it might have been a fluke...
The second time they proved they had the stuff...
Third time's more than the charm for the DIRECTV App for iPad!

Announcing DIRECTV Everywhere, now on the DIRECTV App for iPad, version 1.5 and higher! Take your DIRECTV with you with streaming outside the home!

Please enjoy this visual tour through the new features available in version 1.5.

DIRECTV App for iPad with DIRECTV Everywhere

Please note that some DBSTalk.com testers and staff members may have received free equipment from DIRECTV or its partners for the purpose of evaluation and testing.

· Registered
15,592 Posts
Interesting, I was listening to some music on Apple TV via AirPlay from my iPad New and started a streaming session from Cinemax. The music stopped playing, expected, but the audio for the movie came out through AirPlay on my stereo.

· Hall Of Fame
3,263 Posts
RAD said:
Interesting, I was listening to some music on Apple TV via AirPlay from my iPad New and started a streaming session from Cinemax. The music stopped playing, expected, but the audio for the movie came out through AirPlay on my stereo.
It did that for live streaming as well in the previous release.

· Icon
3,719 Posts
Cool app ! Hopefully DROID version will. Come soon.

· Hall Of Fame
1,218 Posts
"RAD" said:
If you try to use HBO Go or Max GO it won't display the video, only audio. I think those premium channels wrote code into those apps to prevent them from being displayed on other devices. Makes sense if you don't subscribe to those services but grab someone's login & password to watch on your TV.

· Hall Of Fame
3,585 Posts
Seems like a nice update, can't wait to get home and install it. I wonder how laggy it will be on my wifes 1st gen 64GB model. Maybe it will finally get her to agree with upgrading to a new 3rd gen model.

· Hall Of Fame
1,218 Posts
So the live streaming to iPad outside the home still doesn't include live tv support?

When you select the "Watch on iPad" tab we can only live stream outside the home what is under "Movies", "TV Shows", & "Netwoks", correct? The "Live TV" tab still requires us to be on the same home network as an HD-DVR?

· AllStar
94 Posts
Justin23 said:
So the live streaming to iPad outside the home still doesn't include live tv support?

When you select the "Watch on iPad" tab we can only live stream outside the home what is under "Movies", "TV Shows", & "Netwoks", correct? The "Live TV" tab still requires us to be on the same home network as an HD-DVR?
Correct. I just tested that functionality.

1 - 20 of 291 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.