DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Premium Member
4,121 Posts
WOW! That is pretty sweet. Same UI as DirecTV Stream and you can watch some stuff that is on your DVR but there is some recordings you can't watch through the app such Gold Rush, Ghosts, and Young Sheldon. And there are somne sat channels you can't watch in this app just like in iOS app on my phone. You can also set stuff to record to your DVR's. It shows all 5 on my DVR's.

· Premium Member
4,121 Posts
I just wonder if we will see an extra $7 a month on the bill using the Apple TV 4k box?
I would be surprised if they would try that without telling you before you use it that there would be a charge for it. Their phones would light up pretty quickly. Plus you don’t get all of the channels you pay for on satellite.

· Premium Member
4,121 Posts
DIRECTV claims that the DIRECTV STREAM Device has access to "thousands" of apps on the Google Play Store. They show logos for HBO Max, Prime Video, Netflix, Tubi and others.

It would be a slap in the face to deny access to the many other services available in the store (especially the free ones like Pluto or The Roku Channel, Xumo and others that offer authentication through DIRECTV).

If the STREAM Device only functions when authenticated for DIRECTV STREAM, that's a whole new level of something.
No what I meant was the DirecTV Stream box can only be used for DirecTV Stream and not DirecTV Satellite. Of course it can download and use other apps from the play store.

· Premium Member
4,121 Posts
I highlighted a show on the guide, and nothing came up.
If it is a show currently playing press the down button on the remote and then you will see the option to record it. If it is a show that starts later just click it in the guide and you will see the option to record.

· Premium Member
4,121 Posts
With an HR44 and HR24, I'm not really finding any usefullness for this app so far. The TVoS app can see that I have an older HR24 but it can't read its content. And for the HR44, everything is either Only Availiable on the DVR or gets converted to On Demand, where I can't skip commercials or even openings.
I had not tried the HR24’s but I now see that it sees them but can’t see the content or record to them. And I also see the same with watching recordings that they are OnDemand and you can’t FF through the commercials. Not sure why they made it this way.

· Premium Member
4,121 Posts
Thanks. I didn't even notice the record option I thought it was just info on the show. Kind of afraid to play around with recordings. I turned on the HR-54 it went dark. When I turned it off and on again it came back. I wonder when they will add the rest of the DTV channels and if they would even add the DTV Stream channels like H&I? Not sure if I like the extra steps to get back to a previous channel.
Yeah I am not going to be using this in place of a regular DTV receiver but it will be handy to have during a rain storm or after a big snow fall so I don’t have to hurry out multiple times during a blizzard to clean off the dish.

· Premium Member
4,121 Posts
It seems odd to me that they started with the platform that was the most different from all the rest and work their way backward towards the Linux-based platforms which have a much larger market penetration (perhaps greater than eight times the number of units?).
Quality over quantity.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts