DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 165 Posts

· Administrator
572 Posts
Appears to be working on my Apple TV. It might come in handy on a stormy day.

· Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
With an HR44 and HR24, I'm not really finding any usefullness for this app so far. The TVoS app can see that I have an older HR24 but it can't read its content. And for the HR44, everything is either Only Availiable on the DVR or gets converted to On Demand, where I can't skip commercials or even openings.

· Premium Member
4,121 Posts
I highlighted a show on the guide, and nothing came up.
If it is a show currently playing press the down button on the remote and then you will see the option to record it. If it is a show that starts later just click it in the guide and you will see the option to record.

· Premium Member
4,121 Posts
With an HR44 and HR24, I'm not really finding any usefullness for this app so far. The TVoS app can see that I have an older HR24 but it can't read its content. And for the HR44, everything is either Only Availiable on the DVR or gets converted to On Demand, where I can't skip commercials or even openings.
I had not tried the HR24’s but I now see that it sees them but can’t see the content or record to them. And I also see the same with watching recordings that they are OnDemand and you can’t FF through the commercials. Not sure why they made it this way.

· Registered
1,832 Posts
I had not tried the HR24’s but I now see that it sees them but can’t see the content or record to them. And I also see the same with watching recordings that they are OnDemand and you can’t FF through the commercials. Not sure why they made it this way.
Thanks. I didn't even notice the record option I thought it was just info on the show. Kind of afraid to play around with recordings. I turned on the HR-54 it went dark. When I turned it off and on again it came back. I wonder when they will add the rest of the DTV channels and if they would even add the DTV Stream channels like H&I? Not sure if I like the extra steps to get back to a previous channel.

· Hall Of Fame
1,753 Posts
Yeah on the Apple TV app store is says DIrecTV Stream Supreme but after it is installed it only shows up as DIRECTV.
That "Stream Supreme" text is part of an ad (that is, an image being used to identify/promote the app). The actual name of the app is on the top line ("DIRECTV"), with a one-line description underneath that ("STREAM All Your Entertainment").

· Premium Member
4,121 Posts
Thanks. I didn't even notice the record option I thought it was just info on the show. Kind of afraid to play around with recordings. I turned on the HR-54 it went dark. When I turned it off and on again it came back. I wonder when they will add the rest of the DTV channels and if they would even add the DTV Stream channels like H&I? Not sure if I like the extra steps to get back to a previous channel.
Yeah I am not going to be using this in place of a regular DTV receiver but it will be handy to have during a rain storm or after a big snow fall so I don’t have to hurry out multiple times during a blizzard to clean off the dish.

· Registered
2,345 Posts
Yeah I am not going to be using this in place of a regular DTV receiver but it will be handy to have during a rain storm or after a big snow fall so I don’t have to hurry out multiple times during a blizzard to clean off the dish.
Would also be good for lesser-used TVs (e.g. guest room) or TVs that only tend to be used for live TV (not watching DVR recordings), such as in the kitchen. You could just use the app on those TVs and save the $7/mo rental charge for additional Genie receivers.

21 - 40 of 165 Posts