DBSTalk Forum banner
141 - 160 of 165 Posts

· Icon
2,282 Posts
Interestingly, when I called DirecTV to return 2 Genie minis because I can use the app now, they just told me to recycle them and they don't want them back. I do wonder though, if they are worth keeping and if I decide to use them, I can reactivate them?

· Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Interestingly, when I called DirecTV to return 2 Genie minis because I can use the app now, they just told me to recycle them and they don't want them back. I do wonder though, if they are worth keeping and if I decide to use them, I can reactivate them?
They want my HR24 back it seems. I thought they didn't want them back anymore.

· Premium Member
4,152 Posts
When they sent mine they didn't include a return label so I figured they didn't want it back but when they called yesterday they said they wanted it back. Now waiting on the return kit with the USPS label.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,619 Posts
They want my HR24 back it seems. I thought they didn't want them back anymore.
I expect that you're experience is not unique. There are many that have built their DVR model on the flexibility that the HR24 offers versus adding clients to a Genie.

DIRECTV is having to get comfortable recycling equipment that used to be considered too old as that's all they have left.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,619 Posts
Interestingly, when I called DirecTV to return 2 Genie minis because I can use the app now, they just told me to recycle them and they don't want them back.
It would be useful if you could share what the model numbers of your Minis are.

35 Posts
Are they ever going to fix the app to let you watch you recorded DVR content THAT NEVER SEEMED TO BE AN ISSUE before they rolled out the streaming option and took away the app that worked? That is the reason I’m leaving after being a loyal customer for 30 years when Sunday Ticket signs off in January

· Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Are they ever going to fix the app to let you watch you recorded DVR content THAT NEVER SEEMED TO BE AN ISSUE before they rolled out the streaming option and took away the app that worked? That is the reason I’m leaving after being a loyal customer for 30 years when Sunday Ticket signs off in January
Popular options like DVR and others are missing for now, but DirecTV hopes to add those later.

· Save the Clock Tower!!
2,259 Posts
Well, I suppose you can say parts of 30 years in January.

141 - 160 of 165 Posts