DBSTalk Forum banner
161 - 165 of 165 Posts

· Administrator
569 Posts
Can you still download recorded DVR shows to an iPad? I remember trying that a long time ago but the quality was trash. I think it was 480p or something.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,462 Posts
I'm surprised that they didn't want it back. Maybe that make wasn't all that reliable. I would think that there isn't a whole lot in the Mini proper (excluding the power brick) that can go wrong unless you install it in an home entertainment oven.

· Hall Of Fame
2,560 Posts
Weird difference between regular and the streaming version:

Satellite based DirecTV, Channel 660 is Ballys Sports Ohio - Cleveland version, and is intended for northern Ohio, containing games of the Blue Jackets and Cavaliers, and showing filler programming when the Reds are playing. Channel 661 is the Cincinnati alternate, intended for southern Ohio and bordering states, showing Blue Jackets, Cavaliers and Reds. Both are dark in HD except for live games and live talk programming, the SD is 24/7. Other than games, both channels show exactly the same programming. 662 is Ballys Sports Great Lakes and shows only the Ind, umm, Guardians. Despite having no games to show all winter it is HD all the time.

On streaming, 661 and 662 are the same as on DBS. But both are in HD all the time. But 660 is labeled as Ballys Sports Ohio Extra and never has any games unless 2 of the teams are playing at the same time. The rest of the time it show a completely different set of programming from what is on either Ballys Sports Ohio or Great Lakes. Old NASCAR races, talk shows, sports movies, golf instruction. Weird.

· Registered
2 Posts
I haven't found anywhere that you can.
It used to work, albeit poorly. I tried to do it again today, got prompted to update the app. So I did, the feature is missing. Contacted tech support, they said there's an issue that will be fixed within the next 24 hours that restore "Download and Go" to the new app and that it will be possible.
I have the chat transcript where the says it will! ;)

161 - 165 of 165 Posts