DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DIRECTV has just rolled out DIRECTV Everywhere to desktop computers through DIRECTV.com. Please give us your first impressions, issues, and let us know what you think!

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a staggered release. Not every subscriber will get it today. Don't feel bad if you don't have it yet... I don't either.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,981 Posts

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
sigma1914 said:
Is it the same that's been available with TBS, CNN, TNT etc or a new service?
I'm just getting linked to the channel sites like it's been for months. The movie Win Win is the first advertised movie and goes to the MaxGO site.

Is this it?

·
Save the Clock Tower!!
2,446 Posts
sigma1914 said:
I'm just getting linked to the channel sites like it's been for months. The movie Win Win is the first advertised movie and goes to the MaxGO site.

Is this it?
I don't have HBO or Cinemax right now, but there are PPVs and Audience Network shows and Starz/Encore selections that play on DIRECTV's player.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,981 Posts
sigma1914 said:

Is this it?
shouldn't be....It took awhile to find a free tv show that was available but Boardwalk Empire(long as you have HBO) played on DIRECTV's website just fine...

·
Large Member
4,867 Posts
Are local channels available? I assume not. So it's still "Some of DirecTV Everywhere and the Rest Nowhere" :D

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Doesn't look like it can do RSN. So I probably never use it.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,981 Posts
Nice job someone did working on the SolidSignal Blog as they got it linked as source to this on Engadget!! Good job ;)

Also the article on engadget states DIRECTV told them its still in Beta(which is what it says on the page anyway) and that its still not "fully" functional...so maybe more channels and such will be offered sooner down the road.

·
Mentor
42 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
It's a staggered release. Not every subscriber will get it today. Don't feel bad if you don't have it yet... I don't either.
I must not be in the first 'stagger' either. I don't see anything obviously new on the web site. I assume it will be OBVIOUS, right? Any idea what the time frame for full roll out is?

·
Lower Echelon
632 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
I "have" it, but it requires a proprietary OS and won't run on Linux, so I guess I don't actually "have" it.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,640 Posts
I just tried watching "Game of Thrones" and playback failed giving reason code 1100 (streaming unavailable at this time). It was the first time I've tried it and the player was trying to register my account before it gave me that error code.

Using an '09 Macbook Pro running OSX 10.7.3.

·
Icon
524 Posts
Just like most of the on-line stuff from D*...my PC is too old :lol:.

I installed the player and can receive programming but it's all jerky. I'll have to try my newer laptop, it usually does fine with this kinda stuff.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.