DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just called DirecTV and spoke to "second level" support. The young lady I spoke to had no clue that all these people are having 771 issues. I explained that I get perfect signal to my TV but only one OTA channel via the sat receiver when the same antenna is plugged into the receiver.

They are dispatching tomorrow (which will probably do no good).

I dont understand how they cannot be aware of the problem with it being so widespread........

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
You are correct... the tech won't be able to do anything.
It is not an issue with your setup.

It is either a software issue, or a guide data issue (which is still software).
And there is nothing the tech will be able to do.

Unless you are going to be home already (aka not taking the day off)... I would cancel the appointment as it is just a waste of time.

As for the CSRs not knowing... While it is improving, there is a long way to go to improve the information "gap" between the technical teams (that are very much aware of the issues), and the CSR teir.

·
RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
Earl,

Why does the CSR team always insist on sending a tech to verify what we are already telling them? Seems to me like a huge waste of our time and D* money. Do they just assume that all consumers are dumb and stupid?

I spent two hours on the phone with 3 different support people. All said "yep, that box is bad but a tech will be there in the morning to test it out". 5 minutes after the tech got here, he said "yep, that box is bad". DUH! That was $70 that D* could have saved themselves.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,809 Posts
Brantel said:
Do they just assume that all consumers are dumb and stupid?
It's because the reality is that 95% of consumers are dumb and stupid (when it comes to electronics and tech). They don't know anything about these things and can barely find the power button. Believe me. To those of us where this is a hobby we are way beyond any CSR. But the CSR's are way beyond the vast majority of the public.

·
Legend
129 Posts
bonscott87 said:
It's because the reality is that 95% of consumers are dumb and stupid (when it comes to electronics and tech). They don't know anything about these things and can barely find the power button. Believe me. To those of us where this is a hobby we are way beyond any CSR. But the CSR's are way beyond the vast majority of the public.
You are so right:D

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
bonscott87 said:
So true it's not even funny.

Reminds me of a service call.

Showed up and was greeted by a 2nd year med student. One box wasn't working. Anyone want to take a guess at the problem?
Tv was set to the wrong channel. :lol: Made a mental note that if I ever go to the doctor and see her there, I need to walk out. :hurah:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.