DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
DaaQ said:
I am pretty sure there will not be a 13. Highly likely there will be a D14 tho
Considering that 13 is (supposed to be) unlucky I would have to agree.

Back to the subject, I actually hope it is not a re-branded H25. There are still a lot of folks out there with old TV's that only support coax and the H25's do not have that type of output. Also, the H25's are SWM-only and that means they cannot be used on non-SWM installations.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
ndole said:
I'd say that the first feasible phaseout step in any 'process' would be to eliminate the 18x20 ODU. It could be done tomorrow, with any other possible 'steps' to follow later.
I highly doubt that the 18" dish is going to get phased out any time soon, its MSRP is only $39.99 on Solid Signal while a Slimline 3's MSRP is $144.99.

Times that by a few thousand installations / service calls and you start to get some very large numbers.

Personally I wish every new installation included a Slimline 5 dish (regardless if it was needed or not), but it all comes down to a balancing act with the equipment cost playing a major role.

So again, I doubt that the D13/14 is going to be a rebranded H25.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.