DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Directv is scheduled me for a dish alignment due on random freezing during shows on all receivers even after a reboot and the 771? error showing up in yellow on the screen. I just had a quick question since i wont be at the house when they show up, in laws and wife will be there, how is the alignment achieved. Do they have a meter or do they use the main tv?

·
Registered
32,456 Posts
housemr said:
Directv is scheduled me for a dish alignment due on random freezing during shows on all receivers even after a reboot and the 771? error showing up in yellow on the screen. I just had a quick question since i wont be at the house when they show up, in laws and wife will be there, how is the alignment achieved. Do they have a meter or do they use the main tv?
It's not uncommon that they will do the alignment check/adjustments using a meter, but then ask you to verify signal levels on one of your TV's to validate they are high within the expected ranges for each sat.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
They should have a meter but as hdtvfan said they will want to just double check things inside. Definitely something the wife should be able to handle. :)

·
Legend
244 Posts
matt said:
They should have a meter but as hdtvfan said they will want to just double check things inside. Definitely something the wife should be able to handle. :)
they will NEED to check at least one receiver, usually the primary HD/DVR or primary HD box and run an IV Retest on it

unless of course they don't want to get paid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.