DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Legend
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, What are Directv's dishes,Lmb arm and base made of ? The reason i need to know is i am doing fall cleaning and want to take my 2 old dishes to the recycling center. Will they even take them ?

· Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
onan38 said:
Hi everyone, What are Directv's dishes,Lmb arm and base made of ? The reason i need to know is i am doing fall cleaning and want to take my 2 old dishes to the recycling center. Will they even take them ?
aluminum...
yes

· Icon
896 Posts
FYI...my old 3lnb dish was plastic and snow stuck to it like glue. I never had a problem with my old steel sony dish, nor do I have snow problems with the new dish.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
unobtainium, or possibly adamantium. :lol:

Seriously I think they're aluminum.

· Legend
126 Posts
Dalekanium :lol:

where's my Doctor Who addicts?

.. considering the weight, I'd have to say the reflector is at least aluminum where the other parts might be steel or some other metal.

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
The vast majority of the dishes are stamped steel with a powder-coat finish. The Phase II dish and the Andrew international dish were metal-impregnated fiber glass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.