DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Chancellor
9,094 Posts
tomspeer46 said:
I live in the Greenville NC, New Bern etc DMA (network 591). The 1/5/12 transponder map shows our LIL channels on Sat 103S, Tp 6, and it has been that way for many months. I believe that is outdated. My receiver shows no signal on that transponder, yet I have good solid video for all of our local stations.
Back when my locals were added in 2010, I had a zero on the transponder listed for them as well... it continued that way until the data showed they changed transponders last year. NOW I'm getting a signal level besides 0%...

~Alan

·
Chancellor
9,094 Posts
gct said:
New *TEST Channels:
NET 627|Market 116|Macon, GA|*WPGA|Chl 58
NET 695|Market 184|Tallahassee, FL|*WTLF|Chl 24
That is SO weird...

It's not unusual for WPGA (an SD channel) to show up since Macon, GA is an MPEG4 only market, but...

To my knowledge, WTLF is SD only as well, and already offered in SD on DirecTV 7s.

Perhaps DirecTV is duplicating WTLF on SW1 so they can use the 3 LNB dish instead of the 5 LNB dish in Tallahassee and still allow their subscribers access to all the locals. :confused:

~Alan

·
Chancellor
9,094 Posts
HoTat2 said:
Unless WTLF has got an HD cable only feed their supplying to DIRECTV or something.
Last I heard, The CW is not providing HD yet for CW Plus stations, so unless things have changed, it won't be HD.

HoTat2 said:
Other than that, you're right it doesn't really make sense outside of a plan to move WTLF off SD MPEG-2/Ku-band on 119W to SD MPEG-4/Ka-band on 103W for some reason.
I've corresponded, and if memory serves, spoke on the phone with one of the engineers for WTLF, so I may e-mail him and ask him about it.

~Alan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.