DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
8,058 Posts
Alan Gordon said:
That is SO weird...

It's not unusual for WPGA (an SD channel) to show up since Macon, GA is an MPEG4 only market, but...

To my knowledge, WTLF is SD only as well, and already offered in SD on DirecTV 7s.

Perhaps DirecTV is duplicating WTLF on SW1 so they can use the 3 LNB dish instead of the 5 LNB dish in Tallahassee and still allow their subscribers access to all the locals. :confused:

~Alan
Unless WTLF has got an HD cable only feed their supplying to DIRECTV or something.

Other than that, you're right it doesn't really make sense outside of a plan to move WTLF off SD MPEG-2/Ku-band on 119W to SD MPEG-4/Ka-band on 103W for some reason.

· Hall Of Fame
8,058 Posts
LameLefty said:
That's just silly. A secondary PBS, this one out of Cookeville (associated with Tennessee Tech, I think) in the Nashville DMA, while we have had Channel 30 WUXP in TEST mode for darn near forever. I broke down and emailed the station's engineering department about 4 or 5 months ago and they indicated "sometime in 2012" as when Directv would be carrying them in HD. :nono:
Just to note;

From LameLefty quoting gct;

2 New Active HD LIL Channels from *TEST: ...
LL, I think you attributed the wrong part of gct's previous post to the Nashville and Savannah stations.

That statement was for the two new Miami and San Francisco stations which are "from test" and thus now active.

The Nashville and Savannah station are still listed as "new test" stations and thereby still in test mode.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.