DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody

I have 2 hotels setup with DirecTV DRE (basic, I guess) and would like to know what it would take to upgrade to a DirecTV plus system. I would not need the DVR function.

What is all needed to upgrade from a DRE to DRE plus?

My current receivers are H25/100 with software 0xa5c, Tue 4/26, 2:50a and all receivers are home run.

I think a server is required, what are the specs of that server?

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you.

· Hall Of Fame
10,062 Posts
mcg170 said:
Hello everybody

I have 2 hotels setup with DirecTV DRE (basic, I guess) and would like to know what it would take to upgrade to a DirecTV plus system. I would not need the DVR function.

What is all needed to upgrade from a DRE to DRE plus?

My current receivers are H25/100 with software 0xa5c, Tue 4/26, 2:50a and all receivers are home run.

I think a server is required, what are the specs of that server?

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you.
I know nothing about the DRE, but,
since you have H25 receivers it is reasonable to assume that you have HD service.
On a TV set, press the Info button and see what resolution of signal it is receiving.

Edit / Add:

DRE Plus - Managed DRE or DRE - Unmanaged DRE?
DIRECTV provides two in-room receiver solutions, DRE and DRE PLUS, to meet the needs of properties of any size.
The DRE is an un-managed system

and the DRE Plus is a fully managed system with a customizable guest Welcome Screen program with up to 50 pages of local content and HD-DVR functionality.

Link to where I got that from: http://itsallaboutsatellites.com/what-we-do/tv-for-hotels-hotel-television-systems/directv-for-hotels-and-motels/directv-residential-experience-for-hotels-dre/

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the info.
H25 receivers are high definition.

I have figured out that I would need a Directv MCS server (Dell T310).

What else is required to upgrade?
Can I use the same receivers?
Can I do this myself?

· Hall Of Fame
10,062 Posts
mcg170 said:
Thank you for the info.
H25 receivers are high definition.

I have figured out that I would need a Directv MCS server (Dell T310).

What else is required to upgrade?
Can I use the same receivers?
Can I do this myself?
You should be able to use the H25 receivers from what I read.

For all your other questions, there might be a commercial installer on this site that can help you. If not you will need to call DirecTV.

· Hall Of Fame
8,058 Posts
mcg170 said:

My current receivers are H25/100 with software 0xa5c, Tue 4/26, 2:50a and all receivers are home run. ...
For DRE, shouldn't that be all your receivers are wired in a "loop-through" topology as in page 4 of the following document?

http://forums.solidsignal.com/docs/The%20New%20DRE.pdf

"Homerun" topology is really for home and MDU installs like D1 and D2 Advantage.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.