DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DIRECTV Expands International Programming Platform To Include Premier Polish-Language Channels

Two New PolishDirect(TM) Packages Offer Up to Five Polish-Language Video and Radio Channels
EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Nov 27, 2006 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- DIRECTV's international programming platform, WorldDirect(TM), is bringing Poland into living rooms across the United States with its new Polish-language programming tier PolishDirect(TM) and PolishDirect(TM) II.

These new packages offer a robust lineup of leading Polish-language video and radio programming. Beginning Nov. 29 the PolishDirect package will be available for $21.99 per month and include TV Polonia, TVP3 and Polskie Radio 1 and 3. DIRECTV customers can also subscribe to PolishDirect II, which will be available for $29.99 and include TV Polonia, TVP3, Tele5 and Polskie Radio 1 and 3.
To see the rest of the news release; Check out: DirecTV Investor Relations

· Banned
99 Posts
travelswiss said:
Polish? If they can add that surely they can add German as well. Please...
I have asked D* every time I call in for whatever reason to carry German programming.

I guess Poland is kind of close.......NOT!

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
akron05 said:
How about adding more national HD channels like DISH?
The need to wait until they have more capacity in the 99/103 SAT slots.
The polish channels are going on to the 72 sat slot, which requires a seperate dish.

Right now, DirecTV has limited CONUS bandwith.

Dish got most of that capacity when the purchased/leased the VOOM content, and their sats.

· Mentor
39 Posts
Rumors are that Mega Cosmos, the Greek language channel will be leaving Dish on November 30, 2006 and will become available on DirecTV on December1, 2006.

Can somebody confirm this?

· Legend
138 Posts
This is all going to the 95 sat location. It will not affect any of the programming on the main sats. The only way to get this programming requires a different dish.

· Banned
4,253 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
The need to wait until they have more capacity in the 99/103 SAT slots.
The polish channels are going on to the 72 sat slot, which requires a seperate dish.

Right now, DirecTV has limited CONUS bandwith.

Dish got most of that capacity when the purchased/leased the VOOM content, and their sats.
How in the world will they be able to hold both dishes and aim the remote at the TV at the same time? oohhhh I see why the R15 has RF capability........ :D

· Banned
4,253 Posts
gononsky said:
Does anyone know if there are any plans to carry Israeli/Hebrew programming?
They did, it's called Aljazeer..... you watch it, switch what they say 180 degrees and then you have the Hebrew propaganda (kinda like watching CNN (truth) and translating to FOX (propaganda). :hurah:

· Legend
202 Posts
dodge boy said:
They did, it's called Aljazeer..... you watch it, switch what they say 180 degrees and then you have the Hebrew propaganda (kinda like watching CNN (truth) and translating to FOX (propaganda). :hurah:
Haven't watched Fox News lately, have you?

They've become a clone of liberal CNN.

And if you honestly think Al-Jazeerah or however you spell it is accurate...then I fear for this nation's future. THEY WANT US DEAD. Do you get that?

· Banned
4,253 Posts
akron05 said:
Haven't watched Fox News lately, have you?

They've become a clone of liberal CNN.

And if you honestly think Al-Jazeerah or however you spell it is accurate...then I fear for this nation's future. THEY WANT US DEAD. Do you get that?
Alright alright I was only funnin' sheeez, I apologize right now before everyone gets mad.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.