DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Legend
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where they will mail you a DVR plus some stuff, or give you PPV's, or just cash off your bill..

I have a question. Do they actually just mail you the DVR, or do they send an installer?

Thx.

· Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Wildcat said:
Where they will mail you a DVR plus some stuff, or give you PPV's, or just cash off your bill..

I have a question. Do they actually just mail you the DVR, or do they send an installer?

Thx.
Have not seen anything of this nature, but all equipment sent from D*, is required to be installed by their installers. Now, whether this holds true or not, is anybody's guess.

· DBSTalk Club Member
31 Posts
Wildcat said:

Thx.
I just upgraded one of my standard receivers to the R15 DVR. They were going to make an appointment for an install but when I said I could swap it myself, they sent it FedEx Ground. They also send a prepaid box to return the old receiver.

· Legend
214 Posts
My boss got something in the mail from Directv also. Is everyone getting this? I haven't got mine yet, plus I just upgraded to HR20-700. Getting some money back a month would be nice!

· Legend
244 Posts
Wildcat said:

Thx.
My email was for a free upgrade to an R-15 and $5.00 off my bill for 12 months, so basically free DVR service for a year. I asked D* to just send the R-15 being that my room was already wired for it but they said they had to send it with an installer. It seems like a waste of time but it's done.

· Legend
118 Posts
Car1181 said:
My email was for a free upgrade to an R-15 and $5.00 off my bill for 12 months, so basically free DVR service for a year. I asked D* to just send the R-15 being that my room was already wired for it but they said they had to send it with an installer. It seems like a waste of time but it's done.
I got them to mail my free DVR. Perhaps they knew I was a little 'edgy' as I had to speak to three different CSR's before I got the right person, although I was calm and polite throughout.

· Legend
214 Posts
You know I'm starting to feel left out. Not only my boss got a mailer, so did my in-laws. Is this just for a select few people?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.