DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it would be good if directv had the desire to update the logos on the recievers wich have network logos(such as rca- hit fetch button and see how you never see new logos as the years go by) This should really be the simplist thing in the world, but not when you have limited bandwith as does directv. i would agree to have my programming shut off for 12 hours in exchange for a update guide systm but directv just isnt interested because enough people just dont call them and harass them.look at AT&T wireless for example, they cant even automaticlly set the time on my cell phone but sprint and verison can. with AT&T you must set your own time but with sprint it sets the time from the network. This is a example of limited resourses, like directv. What you see on the guide system is merly alpha numeric text wich is very easy to transmitt,the rest of the guide, logos are stored in your reciever .Logos may be added or changed in 2 ways. Directv can transmit them down to your reciever if they have the capability or RCA can send a software patch with the logos and updates as they did with wink,several logos were included. Directv ,as it is,is nothing great,just a better picture than cable,thats it, its really very simple.

· Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
I don't know what kind of receive ryou have, but on my Mitsubishi receiver and my two RCA UTV receivers, the logos are present (though on the UTV, the logos aren't in the guide, but come up on the Info screens). Even the change from Discovery Science to Science Channel is present.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i have the rca drd 480 re ,upgradeable via satelite (LOL i been waitn 2 years for a upgrade),and the logos on the guide never evr change or get updated. i also have a complemntary rca drd 485 Rg free from directv cause i was *****n so much about the logos, but i dont use it cause the guide system is terribly slow on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My cheapo Philips directv receiver has had Directv logos for many channels(WE,FMC,Science,Disc.Civil. and more) ever since my last software update in Jan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well then .. since i have owned 6 rca recievers in my life ,been on directv for over 5 years, and only seen network logos on the guide change once with the only rca upgrade via satelite, i can assume rca really sucks and just wont upgrade any of thier recievers. I will never, ever buy rca again. EVER ! why does directv hide this fact ???????? i am in communication with the so called office of the president, they never told me any of this. What they told me was that the manufatcure must send a software patch to get the upgrades ,guess rca just refuses, but directv should of told me that rca is reluctant to upgrade the guide systems unlike philips wich does.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Bub, which Philips model do you have, 5350 or 5353?

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Originally posted by Bub2001
The logo I have on those channels is the generic "Directv" logo just like the one on the PPV channels.
Thats exactly what I was going to say :)
I just wanted to make sure of the model first, Ive played with the 5350 many times at Circuit City Express.

Thanks for registering Bub and welcome to DBSTalk.Com :hi:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.