DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mentor
36 Posts
With the addition of so many HD channels does this mean that the HD channels will be included in standard packages? Or will we still need to pay $10 per month to see the HD channels?

Also, will I be able to watch these channels with my HR10-250?

·
Icon
516 Posts
Wow! I don't have HD locals in my area yet, but I can 3 out of the big 4 via distant HD locals. Once this launches I may pull the trigger on the 37" vizio and an HR20.

Does anyone know if D* eventually plans to take the RSN's off of spot beams? Or will they only be offering SD versions in the sports pack?

I wonder if this announcement has anything to do with the rumored renaming of the channel packages? Maybe HD will be included.

·
Legend
102 Posts
With all of the press releases on HD and all of the money invested, it's obvious that people are hungry for quality video. So..... does DirecTV have a plan to improve SD? Back in 1997, when I first subscribed, the picture quality of the SD programming was pretty good. Today, some of the SD channels are deplorable. The goal should be near DVD quality SD and high quality HD.

I understand that bandwidth is the issue but they seem to have found a way to accommodate more HD. So, how about some effort into SD quality? SD isn't going to go away in the near-term and the more HD you watch, the worse the current SD looks.

·
Icon
516 Posts
Eich said:
With all of the press releases on HD and all of the money invested, it's obvious that people are hungry for quality video. So..... does DirecTV have a plan to improve SD? Back in 1997, when I first subscribed, the picture quality of the SD programming was pretty good. Today, some of the SD channels are deplorable. The goal should be near DVD quality SD and high quality HD.

I understand that bandwidth is the issue but they seem to have found a way to accommodate more HD. So, how about some effort into SD quality? SD isn't going to go away in the near-term and the more HD you watch, the worse the current SD looks.
I would say no. In short it's good enough, and a heck of a lot better than cable right now. If you want picture quality, HD will be the way to go.

·
Legend
165 Posts
Yeah, SD will get better when we are driving flying cars. That being said, HD is the future.

Also remember that SD on DirecTv does look better than a lot of cable out there. Two reasons people perceive SD looking worse is 1) the comparison to HD and 2) larger TVs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.