DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mentor
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just wondering, anyone know if i can get Directv reception in Cancun, Mexico? Im gonna be traveling there for about 3 months. any info will help.

·
Godfather
347 Posts
i have heard people in cuba can get d*tv, so it might be possible, dish would have to point almost straight up

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
henree said:
Hello, just wondering, anyone know if i can get Directv reception in Cancun, Mexico? Im gonna be traveling there for about 3 months. any info will help.
if you go there temporarily, you should be ok, but Sammy, who lives in Cabo cannot get Directv. Directv is only for the united states.

My opinion, but backed by experience

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
beavis said:
D* has GPS tracking systems in their receivers that kill access cards the moment they cross into Mexico.

Sorry, had to. :grin: I'd recommend DTVLA.
The M10 does indeed have a GPS.
For short term I would not go with DTVLA

Maybe for Sammy it would work.

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
henree said:
There will be no problem to receive Directv in Cancun though you will need a 4 foot dish.
I am living in Belize and most people have Directv on a 6 foot dish.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
While there used to be active threads regarding the size dish needed for DirecTV Ku reception outside of the continental US, I have never seen any for Ka reception, which may drop off more abruptly.

·
Legend
106 Posts
curt8403 said:
if you go there temporarily, you should be ok, but Sammy, who lives in Cabo cannot get Directv. Directv is only for the united states.

My opinion, but backed by experience
things must have really changed then, because when I was in Cabo about 8 years ago I stayed at the house of a guy who had directv. and he lives a couple doors down from sammy on 1 side, and some prince from an oil producing country on the other. maybe he just did it illegally, as I seem to remember a few years ago people in canada were in trouble because they had the service there. but in spring of 2000, directv was available in cabo.

·
Godfather
499 Posts
Does DirecTV Latin America have foreign language packages for us gringoes? If so, what's available?

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
I do not believe you are entitled to use the DIRECTV service outide the United States. At any rate, this is a very old thread that seems to have been resurrected for no reason... and as such I am closing it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.