DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 18" dish with only one coax line and do not want to tear trailer apart to run a 2nd line. Is there anything I can use from one coax outlet before my receiver??

The receiver is an HR20 b/c it is the easiest one to disconnect. I am not trying to get HD signal just the 101 satellite with dual tuner to record and watch different channels. I have a 3x4 mulitswitch.

I tried an "ideal" splitter this past weekend and would lose the numberf 2 transponder on tuner 2 intermittently.

· Hall Of Fame
6,724 Posts
The LNB on that dish MUST be dual output model.
Then you can use a stacker to put both polarities on one cable. Then inside you use a destacker to separate them for the dual input on the DVR. This equipment could cost $250-$300. This should work.
http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?prod=SS212
But, as mentioned you won't get the other sats with that dish.

· Legend
219 Posts
You would be surprised how easy it is to solve your problem. I have a travel trailer too that I use an 18" dish with. Get a dual output LNB and run two cables tothe receiver. I know you said that you said you did not want to do this, but is is relative easy to get a cable into a trailer. RV dealers have cable connectors for the outside wall of the RV. Find a spot that is by a cabinet, storage compartment or hidden behind something and run the new cable inside there. Try to follow the area where the original cable is routed. You may even be able to come up from the underside/floor. I have a receiver in the living room and our bedroom. I ran the BR cable in no time. PM me if you want. I've done this to my last 3 RVs.

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to call service department this morning and find out where the cable wire splitter is and see if I can remove it. I have a satelliet coax wire and also a cable coax wire. Only problem with the cable coax is the manf. split the signal to have a second outlet in the bunkhouse area. If I can find the splitter, remove it and use a butt connector going straight to the living area I will have to coax wires.

Maybe when the kids now 3 and 6 want a tv in the bunk area, I will then run a another coax. If I cannot access the splitter then I will have to run another coax now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.