DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Banned
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called into Directv to get another standard reciever and they are sending me one for free just pay the $19.95 S&H charge,.

Plus giving me the HBO Package for free for 3 months.

And giving me Free DVR service for free for 6 months.

Man I love Directv.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,579 Posts
It wasn't entirely without strings attached. By taking them up on this offer, you've committed yourself (perhaps unwittingly) to another 18 months of qualifying DIRECTV programming.

· Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
harsh said:
It wasn't entirely without strings attached. By taking them up on this offer, you've committed yourself (perhaps unwittingly) to another 18 months of qualifying DIRECTV programming.
only if he has less than 18 months left on the current agreement

· Registered
1,155 Posts
harsh said:
He would have gotten a new commitment no matter what when he activated a new additional receiver. He is happy to not have to pay for it.

· Godfather
499 Posts
GodisGreat79 said:
Note also that after 3 months the HBO package will just start showing on your bill. If you don't want it, you have to proactivily cancel it yourself.

7 Posts
The freebies are nice. But, it wasn't that many years ago that a standard receiver could be bought (meaning owned) for $15. This was without having to deal with any commitment.

I tend to be unimpressed with paying more money for leased equipment and being forced into a commitment.:nono2:

· Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
harsh said:
If you're going to come in dropping turds all the time, at least make it make sense. He started his post with "I called DirecTV to get a new standard receiver". He would have gotten a new 18-month commitment anyway.

What exactly was the point of your post??? :nono2: :rolleyes:

· Registered
2,946 Posts
harsh said:
And you have gone out of your way to pee on someones birthday cake, sir.

The world is pretty filled up with negativity already... so let me give you this: :)

Print it out, practice it in a mirror and try your best to give one to someone else. You might be surprised at the friends you could make.

---------------------------------------

To the OP: I could not agree more! I have been with DirecTV for some time now, and I just keep getting more and more impressed.

I called just the other day to add in the HD extra pack and the very informed and thoughtful CSR gave me a bunch of stuff without me ever asking for anything.

· Registered
5,915 Posts
Commitments, I would prefer not to have them, just like "leased" receivers, but in reality it does not matter as I am not dropping Directv anytime soon, just like how "owned" receivers really do not do anything more for me.

It is just the thought that hurts :p

· Hall Of Fame
4,266 Posts
My big problem with commitments is that it takes away some of my ability to negotiate a better deal with D* when something new comes out. Other than that, I have no problems committing to D*. I’ve been with D* for over 10 years and other than the typical customer service problems, I am happy. I have HD DVR’s on all my main TV’s plus an extra HD receiver and SD DVR, so I’m pretty much covered for a while. Now, if they’d just give us MRV…:)

· Hall Of Fame
1,033 Posts
harsh said:
Leave it to this guy to rain on your parade. I'm not sure he's ever said a good thing about DIRECTV. For being an E* customer he sure spends a lot of time in the DIRECTV forums. :rolleyes:

· Godfather
314 Posts
Grentz said:
Commitments, I would prefer not to have them, just like "leased" receivers, but in reality it does not matter as I am not dropping Directv anytime soon, just like how "owned" receivers really do not do anything more for me.

It is just the thought that hurts :p
Ditto!!
I don't have any options other than cable and that's REALLY not an option as far as I am concerned. I can't get E due to los so its D or nothing!

· Registered
4,296 Posts
GodisGreat79 said:
I called into Directv to get another standard reciever and they are sending me one for free just pay the $19.95 S&H charge,.

And giving me Free DVR service for free for 6 months.

Man I love Directv.
In every family there are always some black sheep.. and dbstalk is no exception, I don't want you to think that we are all like some of the posts in your thread.

Let me congratulate you on a truly great experience with DirecTV. It mirrors many of my own over the nearly 14 years I have been a customer. It is also wonderful that you chose to post it here. Thank you.

Larry

· Banned
4,253 Posts
tcusta00 said:
What's with Dish customers trying to poke holes in DirecTV service over here today? :rolleyes:
I hate trolls!!!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.