DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night on Two and a Half Men, Charlie was at his local pharmacy to get some sleeping aids. The pharmacist recommended something that is legal in CA. Whips the computer screen around and there is a Dr. in India who "examines" Charlie. As the Dr. is sending the prescription off, his phone rings and he picks up a headset and answers "DirecTV customer service".

They probably can't be happy about it. :)

· Problem Solver
1,846 Posts
Do you know what's the same about Two and a Half Men and a Directv CSR?

...They both have to follow a script that looks like it was written by a bunch of monkeys.

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
The irony is that DirecTV doesn't have any customer service reps in India...

(... but some of the HSPs have their own call centers for techs, and some of those have Indian CSRs.)

· I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
I saw the episode and said the same to my wife: "Directv can't be too happy with that." :lol:

BattleZone said:
(... but some of the HSPs have their own call centers for techs, and some of those have Indian CSRs.)
Yep. The people who do work in our area (or did, as of the last time I had to have a tech out a few years ago), had me speak to a CSR after the work was done and it was clearly someone from India. I felt like I was talking to Dell again. :nono:

· Problem Solver
1,846 Posts
LameLefty said:
I saw the episode and said the same to my wife: "Directv can't be too happy with that." :lol:

Yep. The people who do work in our area (or did, as of the last time I had to have a tech out a few years ago), had me speak to a CSR after the work was done and it was clearly someone from India. I felt like I was talking to Dell again. :nono:
We had the same deal about 2 years ago. The gimmick was actually a sales pitch. The person in India (With the cool American name like Phil) did close out the work order, but his main purpose was to sell you something at the end of the call. Which was the only reason they had to speak with you in the first place.

· blah blah blah
2,548 Posts
I saw that, too. It even made my wife laugh, having been in on several of my phone misadventures with DirecTV customer "service".

· Icon
970 Posts
not that this is the correct forum, but here it goes anyway.

You think those pot shots this week where bad, you should have watched family guy this past weekend. They took some good shots that I am sure a lot of people are unhappy about. I have a good sense of humor and found it funny myself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.