DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DIRECTV Launches Nationwide Offer To Assist Dish Network Customers Who are Losing Broadcast Networks

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 29, 2006--In an effort to assist Dish Network customers who are losing their distant network channels, DIRECTV has launched a nationwide offer that will provide affected customers with $150 cash back when they make the transition to DIRECTV(1).

The offer also includes: no equipment to buy or start-up costs; free standard professional installation for up to four rooms; 100% digital picture and sound on every channel; and free DVR or HD receiver upgrade. DIRECTV has also launched a special web site (www.directv.com/switchfromdish) where Dish Network customers can simply type in their address or zip code to learn where DIRECTV offers local channels and whether they qualify for a distant network signal. Affected customers can also call 1-800-337-4DTV.

Read the rest of the press release at: DirecTV Investor Relations

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a problem, I removed the duplicate post... (and picked yours as I alreadly linked up the other one to the front page)

Kudos to you for cliping me by a few seconds.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,804 Posts
But just because a customer had distant networks on Dish doesn't necessarily mean they'll get them with Directv.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Link said:
But just because a customer had distant networks on Dish doesn't necessarily mean they'll get them with Directv.
That is correct...

·
Hall Of Fame
2,459 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,804 Posts
newcs said:
Directv should be getting the injunction also because that address qualifier is a joke. A friend of mine used it and it says he qualifies for 3 networks except NBC which had a Moderate Grade B signal in his area. That is not accurate because the CBS station is the strongest in the area and it doesn't say it has a Grade B signal. Also it says HD signals are Grade A when that is hardly true when they broadcast at low power and not in HD.

Not only that but the same address (and county) on Dish qualifies for St. Louis, MO locals. On Directv, it says they don't carry their local channels which they consider Terre Haute, IN which isn't even close. They would logically get St. Louis or Evansville in Clay County, IL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.