DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt
5,287 Posts
Just visited that site...I'm not sure what it is but I know what it's not. There is a disclaimer that it is not associated DirecTV or Dish.

·
Icon
895 Posts
Disclaimer: The trademarks, logos, and service marks that are displayed on the Site are the registered and unregistered marks of their respective owners. This website is not associated with DirectTV or DishNetworks nor provides access to their content. Specific Channel availability may change from time to time.
This has nothing to do with DirecTV or Dish Network. A completely different company. As to what they do, they say it's 100% lega so it should be all good. :D

·
Legend
115 Posts
I also looked at the site and looked at the join section, I would be very carefull with any site that did not use a secure connection to obtain personal information. Never took you to a secure https// server.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
FavreJL04 said:
Also notice the spelling is with two "T"s instead of the one used in DirecTV.
I saw the double T used in a link to DirecTv once. I e-mailed D* and asked them about the "mirror" site using the two t's and they said that it was theirs - in case people misspelled it.

However - the site mentioned in this thread, as noted a number of times - is not a DirecTv site.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
Blitz68 said:
It looks like a SpyWare Haven to me. And a scam to boot. I remember seeing a very similar operation that was a scam. I cannot recall what it was called at this point, but it was pointed out in a tech article. Basically they take your money, you download software, and the software is just a bunch of bookmarks to websites that offer free TV, or did at some point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.