DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look Out Times Square, Las Vegas Counts Down New Year's Eve With the Nation When DIRECTV's CD USA Broadcasts America's Party Live From Fremont Street

Five for Fighting, All-American Rejects, Rockstar:SuperNova, Smash Mouth, OK Go, Chicago and More to Perform Live

LAS VEGAS, Nov. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Move over Times Square! Las Vegas is the new place for New Year's Eve as DIRECTV's exclusive live music performance show, CD USA takes over the famous Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas during America's Party for its live, nationally televised celebration featuring today's hottest music artists and special celebrity guests. This explosive, four-hour plus celebration will air exclusively on DIRECTV's channel 101 starting at 11 p.m. ET (8 p.m. PT) with a lineup that includes live performances from chart toppers Five for Fighting, All-American Rejects, Rockstar:SuperNova, Smash Mouth, OK Go and Chicago.

Read the rest of the story at: Broadcast Newsroom

·
Icon
965 Posts
Kapeman said:
No offense intened to Earl for posting this but, does anyone care about this kind of thing or is it just another brain-dead marketeer thing?

If anyone that does like this type of event would please post their rationale, I would appreciate it.
I think he posts any news that relates to Directv. I don't think it is any big deal.

·
Godfather
439 Posts
I live in Las Vegas. I love most of those bands...its a big deal to me!

Also, who made you the major demographic? And are you sure that you....ARE.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MikeR7 said:
I think he posts any news that relates to Directv. I don't think it is any big deal.
Oh... I don't think it is the posting of the news... but I think it is the content of this particular one that he is talking about...

At least I hope so.

·
Godfather
418 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Oh... I don't think it is the posting of the news... but I think it is the content of this particular one that he is talking about...

At least I hope so.
Earl is correct. I have no issues whatsoever with his news posts. I apprecate the fact that he does them.

@AnonomissX: I was just curious about the reasons why people tuned in to these shows.

In retrospect it was probably an ill-advised post, especially considering that, while my tastes in programming are quite broad, they tend to the non-mainstream.

Sorry if my post caused anyone to get upset. That's not why I'm here.

I deleted my original post.

·
Godfather
439 Posts
Sorry, I just realized how...testy I have sounded today, no ill will was intentioned!

·
Legend
230 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Look Out Times Square, Las Vegas Counts Down New Year's Eve With the Nation When DIRECTV's CD USA Broadcasts America's Party Live From Fremont Street

Read the rest of the story at: Broadcast Newsroom
I imagine this little show will cost a few dollars. Keep this in mind when you pay your next bill!:hurah:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.