DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
A properly aligned dish, and good coax with no wet or corroded connectors, should give you service through almost all weather situations. I live in Seattle, and we are currently on track to have the most rain in one month ever recorded in the history of the city/state. I mean it has really been raining in this area the past few weeks (lots of flooding, etc.). I have not lost signal at all, even briefly, during even the heaviest of rain. That isn't to say that you won't experience a break in service in a heavy storm environment - it certainly can happen, but it should be fairly rare that it does.

As for weather alert/warning, if you live in an area that is subject to tornados or other fast developing severe weather, then you should probably have a separate weather radio with alert. I would not rely solely on my television service for adequate warning, but rather get it directly from the national weather service over NOAA radio.

As to comparing cable and satellite - I guess we all go through that exercise from time to time, I know I did. There are a number of variables involved - it's somewhat subjective. What serves your requirements best may not serve mine best, etc. Also, how many rooms you want service in, how many DVR's, etc., all will impact the price both from cable and satellite.

If you have specific questions regarding DirecTV service or equipment, the people on these forums will be glad to try to answer them.

Carl

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.