DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Icon
3,347 Posts
ok with directv you will get DIGITAL service in every room so that means what ever package you pick you get that in every room, there is no analog so YOU GET MORE CHANNELS IN MORE ROOMS FOR LESS.

cable companies tend to brag because they can give you analog service w/o a box but then that limits the amount of channels you get. i don't know about your provider but my local cable provider charges $5.50 per digital receiver, with D* there is no charge for your first receiver, and $4.99 for the other receivers.

with a proper instillation you should have no "RAIN/WIND fade". last Sunday it was raining really hard and i lost no picture, i was getting 96% signal. its raining really hard right now and we have tornado watches all over the place and i still have perfect picture. so don't start with the rain/wind fade issues. (me personally i would recommend a pole mount instillation vs putting it on your roof.)

just look at my comparsions below of D* vs my local cable provider.

IF YOU INST RESTED IN ALL THE PREMIUM SERVICES TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER WOULD BE YOUR BEST PACKAGE. it offers ever thing and there is NO DVR service charge.

by the way what is your local cable provider and where are you located??

ATTACHED BELOW IS MY PERSONAL CHANNEL COUNT (**CHANNEL COUNT INCLUDES MY LOCAL LINEUP)

·
Icon
3,347 Posts
the Directv ACTIVE service is included with the service the only requirment is the newest recievers. to my knowledge the following models are D* ACTIVE recievers

D10
D11
R15
HR20

for more specific information to go directv.com/manuals than click Directv models and see if you have any of these recievers.

·
Icon
3,347 Posts
we have high humidiy here in VA beach and i never have had tv problems in the summer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.