DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
Daytoday, you are very fortunate to have cable that provides all that.

My wife's cousin got tired of the snowy picture on her cable, so she signed up for digital cable. Now instead of snow she gets a black screen.

I don't think cable will ever come near satellite in small towns and rural areas.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
daytoday said:
I understand that a the new dish's provide better reception in a heavy overcast. Can someone verify this to be true? Will a new dish eliminate the issue of losing a signal 100% when a storm rolls in and the sky turns pitch black?
No, there is no for-certain guarantee that you will not lose signal with heavy overcast. If you want clouds to NEVER be a factor, then satellite is not for you.

However, I had a 3LNB dish put in last July, which was replaced by a new 5LNB dish last month. The 3LNB dish occasionally would lose signal in its 3 months of use. In over a month, my family has never noticed the 5LNB losing signal. I know it CAN happen, but I don't think it happens as often.

In this area cable TV goes out during big storms anyway, and if it happens Friday evening, it is gone till Monday.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.