DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Godfather
306 Posts
Your a bit off on you assessment of weather conditions affecting satellite communications.

Otherwise, you have a win-win situation. Go either way and you'll be set.

You didn't put any sports subscription availability for your cable company, so if you wanted NHL CI, NBA LP, or MLB EI you'd be out of luck. Obviously NFL ST is exclusive to D*.

Good luck.

·
Godfather
306 Posts
rirwin1983 said:
not fully true except for nfl st. i had wow and they pushed the outher 3 heavely via their ppv ads for iNDemand Events.
I checked your post, you didn't mention the sports subsciptions being offered by your cable company. If they do, fine. I'm not saying they don't , just that you didn't mention it in your original post. I only went by what you posted.

·
Godfather
306 Posts
I checked out the insight web page. It looks pretty good to me. The on-demand and free previews of other channles looks pretty cool. It looks way better than most of the digital cable set-ups I have seen throughout Arizona and California.

I mean, you have a tough choice, and the most significant difference is the sports. The "midwest" doesn't really give me any clear idea what RSNs you might get or whether those will be in HD, plus some areas close to major sports towns will have more HD sports on locals.

Plus the D* sports pack will give you a bit more college football, CFL, college sports, and sports related shows.

I hope D* works out a deal for WWE 24/7, and at $9 a month like insight, I am down with that.

At least you have some good choices. And if reception is bad, then go with cable. My brother has Dish in Chicago and says it goes out a lot during rain and snow, so i don't doubt it happens, it just shouldn't. I'm on the rainy Monterey Pen, and no issues...yet;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.