DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a trick to get past the phone tree directly to a CSR when you call 1-800-directv? I can't stand their new system! Could there be something as simple as merely hitting 0 when they start asking whether you want the fight, etc.?
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,758 Posts
shendley said:
Anyone know a trick to get past the phone tree directly to a CSR when you call 1-800-directv? I can't stand their new system! Could there be something as simple as merely hitting 0 when they start asking whether you want the fight, etc.?
When the automated system asks how can I help you? saying activate a receiver. The system will reply please hold while I transfer you.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
432 Posts
shendley said:
Anyone know a trick to get past the phone tree directly to a CSR when you call 1-800-directv? I can't stand their new system! Could there be something as simple as merely hitting 0 when they start asking whether you want the fight, etc.?
This is the worst phone tree I've ever had to deal with.:mad: :nono:
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! That makes sense now that I think of it. I've tried in the past to state my problem and the system never understands. I was trying to call yesterday to tell them that the Dolphins game was on the HD channel designated for the Steelers-Broncos even though the Steelers game had already started. When I started thinking about how to phrase that as a question, I just got frustrated, hung up and waited for the Dolphins game to end.

DVDKingdom said:
When the automated system asks how can I help you? saying activate a receiver. The system will reply please hold while I transfer you.
 

·
Beer Aficionado
Joined
·
1,683 Posts
shendley said:
Thanks! That makes sense now that I think of it. I've tried in the past to state my problem and the system never understands. I was trying to call yesterday to tell them that the Dolphins game was on the HD channel designated for the Steelers-Broncos even though the Steelers game had already started. When I started thinking about how to phrase that as a question, I just got frustrated, hung up and waited for the Dolphins game to end.
I don't think that's D*'s fault, I think that is an NFL thing. Quite frequently they will let the early game play through to the end even if it runs in to the late game.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
urnote96 said:
try this

DirecTV 800‑824‑9081
Does not work anymore. It did this morning, but as of now all I get are automated thingy's.
 

·
Beer Aficionado
Joined
·
1,683 Posts
Blitz68 said:
Does not work anymore. It did this morning, but as of now all I get are automated thingy's.
WHAT??????? Oh that really sucks.... :mad: That was always the good shortcut for people who "knew". Dangit.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
253 Posts
shendley said:
Thanks! That makes sense now that I think of it. I've tried in the past to state my problem and the system never understands. I was trying to call yesterday to tell them that the Dolphins game was on the HD channel designated for the Steelers-Broncos even though the Steelers game had already started. When I started thinking about how to phrase that as a question, I just got frustrated, hung up and waited for the Dolphins game to end.
I was upset as well, but it was the HD limitations of CBS, not D*. The Bronco game was not switched to an HD broadcast (even local OTA KKTV11 or CBS4 Denver on D*) until the Bears/Dolphins game was over. It would be nice for "America's Most Watched Network" (I only watch AFC football on CBS, have no interest in any of their programs) to spend a little dough for equipment to broadcast all of their games in HD! :nono2:
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is this true? I see now that it's the customer retention line I always use as a last resort to get things done with dtv. If it no longer gets you through to the retention people, that will be seriously disappointing.

Mike Huss said:
WHAT??????? Oh that really sucks.... :mad: That was always the good shortcut for people who "knew". Dangit.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was wondering if that was the case as well. The Steelers-Broncos game started late on my local channel as well. The odd thing about it was that you could see the game on the game mix channel even though the game was blacked out on the sd channel (presumably because it was on the local channel). Actually, that ticked me off as well since I thought they didn't black out the first quarter of games on the local station in the late afternoon time slot precisely because of these overlaps from the earlier game.

dpfaunts said:
I was upset as well, but it was the HD limitations of CBS, not D*. The Bronco game was not switched to an HD broadcast (even local OTA KKTV11 or CBS4 Denver on D*) until the Bears/Dolphins game was over. It would be nice for "America's Most Watched Network" (I only watch AFC football on CBS, have no interest in any of their programs) to spend a little dough for equipment to broadcast all of their games in HD! :nono2:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top