DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Writing this in hopes of getting feedback from others, and hoping DirecTV sees it and does something about it.

VOD as it stands now is not very user friendly. It is extremely frustrating to have to wade through the leaps and bounds of programing from channels I don't have subs to. It is extreme clutter and keeps me from using it on any regular basis. I dont know what the solution is but I hope directv can think of something and get it fixed quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,514 Posts
I agree that DOD channels that correspond to channels not in a user's subscription package should be hidden, but I have a feeling those channels are there as a form of marketing. (That doesn't excuse it or make it right, it's just my thought that this would be a low priority to remove the unsubscribed channels from DOD...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,514 Posts
Justin23 said:
Just add a 1 in front of the channel you want to see On Demand.....

J
Navigating to the on-demand channel is not the OP's concern, though..

The issue is that if you subscribe to a package that doesn't include Showtime, for example, you still see Showtime in the On Demand results when you pick a category, for example, "New", or High Def, etc. Now consider that you have a lower package and there are dozens or scores of channels you don't subscribe to, but all of the On Demand titles for those channels clog up your search results, forcing you to deal with large quantities of data that are irrelevant to you..
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
110 Posts
I keep comparing it the service to how Comcast does it, and I think the layout for Directv is much better, plus the fact that the VOD programming shows up in a search makes finding things much easier.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
bgartz said:
I keep comparing it the service to how Comcast does it, and I think the layout for Directv is much better, plus the fact that the VOD programming shows up in a search makes finding things much easier.
I agree that this is an advantage, but it could be much better. Content from unsubscribed channels should not return in a search. Or at least give us a keyword search that lets me ignore them.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,136 Posts
Drew2k said:
I agree that DOD channels that correspond to channels not in a user's subscription package should be hidden, but I have a feeling those channels are there as a form of marketing. (That doesn't excuse it or make it right, it's just my thought that this would be a low priority to remove the unsubscribed channels from DOD...)
I suspect Drew2k is right and this is a intended functionality just like searches returning results for channels you don't have. A marketing tool to make you aware of what else you could be getting. I can understand that but I wish they did something like graying them out like Channels that aren't in your package are in the guide now. It needs some clear indicator that I don't get this with out having to wait for details to pull up or attempt and fail to add to queue.
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
21 Posts
evan_s said:
I suspect Drew2k is right and this is a intended functionality just like searches returning results for channels you don't have.
It could also be a possibility that, in the future, you could purchase individual episodes / movies from a channel you don't regularly subscribe to. (Not that it would likely be a very cost-effective option)
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top