DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I noticed for some reason on Friday, I was disconnected from the Protection plan? Why would this happen? I didn't request it?

They aren't doing away with it are they?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Why would the protection plan even be necessary with the lease program? Seems to me that if D* owns the equipment, they assume responsibility for keeping it running....am I missing something here? I can see the "need" for such a program as a hedge against repair costs for owned equipment, but leased hardware?

·
Icon
895 Posts
WERA689 said:
Why would the protection plan even be necessary with the lease program? Seems to me that if D* owns the equipment, they assume responsibility for keeping it running....am I missing something here? I can see the "need" for such a program as a hedge against repair costs for owned equipment, but leased hardware?

It doesn't cover your cables, dish, mountings, alignment, and other various things that are not your reciever.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
WERA689 said:

As jonaswan2 mentioned, the ONLY thing covered under the lease is the receiver/DVR itself. Anything between the inputs on the back of the box all the way to the dish is not covered under the lease, but would be under the Protection Plan. Individual choice on whether they want coverage for that stuff or just take care of it all themselves (including service calls).

I happen to prefer having the covereage, but I also have mostly owned units.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.