DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a fax come across my machine that Directv has purchased Bruister and Associates, the HSP that covers areas in MS, AL, FL, GA, TN, and LA. So, it looks like they are trying to get control over the installation side of the business all across the country.

Any of you other installers out there that are already under Directv's control want to share what changes (if any) should be expected?
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
452 Posts
I'm pretty curious as to how they will do us Bruister installers when it happens. They said the transition would be complete mid-October.
Supposedly we all will get a packet from DTV tomorrow and all individually meet with the weird-ass (nicest possible way I can describe the TN manager) DTV area manager next week. I'll post what I know when I know it.
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
92 Posts
The Changes we have see so far is the employee proganing discount. AKA Free Premier :D And the amount of incorrect work orders have increased, and the ability to modify the work orders is astronomically more painful!!! Other than that nothing else has changed.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,915 Posts
Good IMO, most of the HSPs just plain suck.

Out of 3 installers that have come to my house, only 1 was REALLY good. The others were...interesting... :p

None were horror stories, but they left some room for improvement if you know what I mean.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
gen2rx7 said:
The Changes we have see so far is the employee proganing discount. AKA Free Premier :D And the amount of incorrect work orders have increased, and the ability to modify the work orders is astronomically more painful!!! Other than that nothing else has changed.
LOL.
Yes, as DirecTV Vendors instead of HSP employees you're now entitled to VEN Programming (Premier) and possible Sunday Ticket/Superfan, instead of HSP (free choice, $5 to choice xtra)
But DirecTV is kinda icky about that. Sometimes go and sometimes no.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
452 Posts
They did at least have the sense set up a toll free hotline for questions: 1-877-800-4636

The packet we got today said that we would keep the same pay scale "for the time being"and "comparable" insurance benefits, 401k, 1k retention bonus, work-cell-phones, and get a whole slew of new corporate bs to live with. Holiday pay, vacation, sick pay are still up in the air.

The higher ups always told us Bruister was a company owned by the employees, and that every year we accrued x amount of stock in the company. Most of us that have been around for a years are saying our 60-70k worth of stock are gone now thanks to this deal. If we get nothing and Herb Bruister goes out and buys a damn island, expect a big lawsuit.
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
92 Posts
Johnnie5000 said:
They did at least have the sense set up a toll free hotline for questions: 1-877-800-4636

The packet we got today said that we would keep the same pay scale "for the time being"and "comparable" insurance benefits, 401k, 1k retention bonus, work-cell-phones, and get a whole slew of new corporate bs to live with. Holiday pay, vacation, sick pay are still up in the air.

The higher ups always told us Bruister was a company owned by the employees, and that every year we accrued x amount of stock in the company. Most of us that have been around for a years are saying our 60-70k worth of stock are gone now thanks to this deal. If we get nothing and Herb Bruister goes out and buys a damn island, expect a big lawsuit.
Our merger was completed at the begining of the month and everything stayed the same. Pay, Vacation, Sick leave, and mileage reimbursment for POV's . Although it has been hard to get approvals for repair and maintinance for the COV's . They have really tried to cut way down on the overtime, so I am not complaining about that. Rumor has it that they are working on something to help POV's with the price of fuel. But I will believe it when I see it.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
555 Posts
gen2rx7 said:
Our merger was completed at the begining of the month and everything stayed the same. Pay, Vacation, Sick leave, and mileage reimbursment for POV's . Although it has been hard to get approvals for repair and maintinance for the COV's . They have really tried to cut way down on the overtime, so I am not complaining about that. Rumor has it that they are working on something to help POV's with the price of fuel. But I will believe it when I see it.
WOW.

I'd expect better pay to be given. You want good people, you pay good pay.

(no offense intended in that)
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
teebeebee1 said:
AGREED, Halstead seriously is the worst company around, took 4 months and about 20 visits to get the HD working on my hookup in queens

WORST COMPANY EVER!
Halsted is one of the bigger names, so some will agree. Others will tell you Ironwood sucks.

Theres always good and bad install stories for every HSP.
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
92 Posts
Ext 721 said:
WOW.

I'd expect better pay to be given. You want good people, you pay good pay.

(no offense intended in that)
Rumor has it that they are going to change the pay scale after the first of the year. But it is just rumors that the pay will be better, and/or there will be bonuses for certain aspects such as: low repeat service calls, (these are service calls within 90 days of installation), protection plan sales, overall completion rates.

But nothing is set in stone so I am not going to hold my breath. I will believe it when I see it on my pay check.

The big rumor is that they are going to go hourly, witch is not going to benifit myself at all. So we will wait and see what the new year will bring.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,035 Posts
teebeebee1 said:
AGREED, Halstead seriously is the worst company around, took 4 months and about 20 visits to get the HD working on my hookup in queens

WORST COMPANY EVER!
I dunno, Bluegrass/Directech/whatever they are calling themselves today, can give Halstead a run for their money for that title. :lol:
 

· Banned
Joined
·
378 Posts
You BA Boys want a Raise?
Want to escape the stupid mess and 10000 Ph calls a job.
The tyranny? ect ect ect.

From Nashville to Montgomery Ala
Those SAME work Orders WILL pay You 70/20 up to 90/20.

Look for the adds as i wont show Partiality with listing "who to call"...
BUT the AFS is coming BA territory wide.

They arrive For "blast off" Next Friday in the first DMA.

Wanna WalK away and Make Considerable Better money and escape the racket of the HSP and their ILLegal Charge Backs with their contractors ?.

Heck you might even think your a REAL contractor Not a So-called One while Being inflicted with Illegal BS and treated as an Employee.

Decision Time Boys.... Go make the Money for the SAME wk orders and Taste a tad of what a Sub contractor Really IS.

When I get DMA numbers... Ill come back and post them after the "contractors take the DMA's and the 1st set of numbers hit the books... 5-1 Odds the contractors (AFS ect) While Blow the Numbers out of the water in comparison to the HSP .

Winds of change are blowing by... soo...Watch this Storm BREW;)

OH and BA Boys... who Signed the Class action Law suit... he he..
Somethin' comin in BIG BIG news SOOOOON that will bring shock and a smile.
You may Just be lookin' at the result of a "HIT" AND JUSTICE slapping the taste out of a bunch of syndicated crooks.
... Their time HAS COME and Not a minute early... running for cover and DTV's blanket.. isnt enough... (too funny)...
= SO See Ya wanna Be Goliath.. David and the stone WILL Bring the dirty Giant DOWN!! :)

GUys No kiidding... I would seriously think about getting off the sinking ship..

AND Go get the 70-90/20... its damn time you all deserve it and then some for the EXACT work .

Good luck and Make some Noise!
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
452 Posts
D-Bamatech said:
You BA Boys want a Raise?
Want to escape the stupid mess and 10000 Ph calls a job.
The tyranny? ect ect ect.

From Nashville to Montgomery Ala
Those SAME work Orders WILL pay You 70/20 up to 90/20.

Look for the adds as i wont show Partiality with listing "who to call"...
BUT the AFS is coming BA territory wide.

They arrive For "blast off" Next Friday in the first DMA.

Wanna WalK away and Make Considerable Better money and escape the racket of the HSP and their ILLegal Charge Backs with their contractors ?.

Heck you might even think your a REAL contractor Not a So-called One while Being inflicted with Illegal BS and treated as an Employee.

Decision Time Boys.... Go make the Money for the SAME wk orders and Taste a tad of what a Sub contractor Really IS.

When I get DMA numbers... Ill come back and post them after the "contractors take the DMA's and the 1st set of numbers hit the books... 5-1 Odds the contractors (AFS ect) While Blow the Numbers out of the water in comparison to the HSP .

Winds of change are blowing by... soo...Watch this Storm BREW;)

OH and BA Boys... who Signed the Class action Law suit... he he..
Somethin' comin in BIG BIG news SOOOOON that will bring shock and a smile.
You may Just be lookin' at the result of a "HIT" AND JUSTICE slapping the taste out of a bunch of syndicated crooks.
... Their time HAS COME and Not a minute early... running for cover and DTV's blanket.. isnt enough... (too funny)...
= SO See Ya wanna Be Goliath.. David and the stone WILL Bring the dirty Giant DOWN!! :)

GUys No kiidding... I would seriously think about getting off the sinking ship..

AND Go get the 70-90/20... its damn time you all deserve it and then some for the EXACT work .

Good luck and Make some Noise!
In english this means what?

Didn't sign on to the lawsuit. Making too much to get fired over that. I know the can't legally fire you over it, but they would find something.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,682 Posts
CJTE said:
Halsted is one of the bigger names, so some will agree. Others will tell you Ironwood sucks.

Theres always good and bad install stories for every HSP.
Indeed. Look at me. :lol: LOL Halsted is the biggest in regards to work load though.
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
30 Posts
Johnnie5000 said:
In english this means what?

Didn't sign on to the lawsuit. Making too much to get fired over that. I know the can't legally fire you over it, but they would find something.
Johnnie, some people don't realize what we make as hourly techs nowdays. For some reason, they think we are making some rediculously number like $10-12 hourly. You're right, I'm maxed out right now and wouldn't risk the money I make for a little bit of back pay. I've had to put up with alot of BS to get to where I am now, but I am very happy with where I am.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top