DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DirecTV Inc.'s long-expected new high-definition sports channel -- backed by former Internet mogul Mark Cuban -- will debut this week, sources said.

The service, called HDNet, is slated to debut Thursday with the telecast of a Minnesota Twins-Texas Rangers Major League Baseball game. More than 12 baseball games are expected to follow before the end of the season.

MORE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a feeling we may see this channel on Dish Network within a few months. Mark Couban has been going around saying that his deal with DirecTV is no exclusive.

Would love to see it!

Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Am I wrong, or will this HD sports eye candy be free for the plucking? If so, good for us. It'll obviously be a more potent "demo channel", too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dang I just read his note.

Now it looks like I have to go out and get a DirecTV HDTV Unit.

Any good units besides the DTC-100?

Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just saw one yesterday at Best Buy as an "open ticket" item for $239. Almost bought it just for the heck of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I suppose this will be requested by Dish subs now on Charlie Chats.

Charlie: "Hello caller?"

Caller: "I Want My HDNet!!"

Charlie: "We Have HDNet"

Caller: "Where is it on the EPG?"

Charlie: "Its called TechTV. Its a channel about Hard drives, isnt it?"

Caller: "Yes, but..."

Charlie: "Ive always called TechTv HDNet, so there...we have it..now dont bother me requesting a channel that I have already have. Now here's Jim Ferguson promoting his new channel we are gonna add. Its 24 hours of his reviews on Dish. My wife and I love the channel so much that we're gonna take Fox Sports World off the EPG so I can add this special channel"

Of course I could be wrong.... :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Panasonic TU-HDS20 beats the RCA hands down. Much more sensitive on local broadcast reception. Of course, the Panasonic is more expensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.