DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys are awesome glad I found this thread. I realize this thread is old but our cable provide went bankrupt and do not know if anyone will pick it up. We are looking at Direct tv and would like to know if we would be able to record 1 show to a Panasonic DMR EZ-28 and be able to watch another show at the same time as we did with cable. If this thread does not cover maybe someone could please direct me to a thread that would offer help.
Thank you in advance,
RudyP

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
RudyP said:
You guys are awesome glad I found this thread. I realize this thread is old but our cable provide went bankrupt and do not know if anyone will pick it up. We are looking at Direct tv and would like to know if we would be able to record 1 show to a Panasonic DMR EZ-28 and be able to watch another show at the same time as we did with cable. If this thread does not cover maybe someone could please direct me to a thread that would offer help.
Thank you in advance,
RudyP
You would need two receivers to output one to your DVD recorder and watch on another. Or, you could use one DVR to accomplish the same thing.

Do you want HD or SD? I ask because your Panasonic will only record in SD but up converts to 1080p for outputs. Do you use the DMR EZ-28 to archive and keep your shows or just to record for later viewing?

Mike

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike and mdavej thank you very much for your assistance as I am not technically savvy by any stretch of the imagination when it come to video. We have had cable for so many years and as I am getting old have become reluctant to change. After 25+ years of nursing and caring for others ironically my wife is now disabled so I record shows to watch with her when I get home from work. Per your input it sounds like Dish may be the way to go due to the reduction of equipment needed and listening to my neighbors it sounds like a crap shoot between the two anyway. Again thank you very much.
Rudy

· Hall Of Fame
2,396 Posts
Rudy,

I'm sorry. I misunderstood your question and may have given you bad advice. The 722k I recommended is a DVR, but I see now that you don't want a DVR, but prefer to continue using your DVD recorder as a DVR. You'll need a 322 in that case. But if you can handle the extra cost ($6/month), I highly recommend getting a DVR from either service and not using your EZ-28 at all. In that case you can record one thing (possibly up to 5 or 6 things) while watching another on one TV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.