DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, long story short: I need to figure out a way to run an RCA stereo from the "TV" mode of the remote. (The remote is one of the current ones.) That way if you push the "DTV and TV" ON/OFF power buttons the DTV receiver and stereo turn on and off, rather then a TV. Reason being, there is no TV in that location...only an extra remote and audio cables going into the stereo for the XM satellite radio channels.

I've tried the codes in the book, and can't seem to get them programed in the TV mode....only in AV1 or AV2 mode.

The code that I found works the stereo is: 31254 - but when inputting that code while in TV mode, the remote just "stops" once I push 3 because it is an audio code and not a tv code (that would start with a one)

I have also tried the auto program, but that doesn't seem to work.

So basically i'm asking, has anyone been able to use an "audio system" code in "TV" mode?

Thanks in advance for any help or tips!

-Scott

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
sdschramm said:
Ok, long story short: I need to figure out a way to run an RCA stereo from the "TV" mode of the remote. (The remote is one of the current ones.) That way if you push the "DTV and TV" ON/OFF power buttons the DTV receiver and stereo turn on and off, rather then a TV. Reason being, there is no TV in that location...only an extra remote and audio cables going into the stereo for the XM satellite radio channels.

I've tried the codes in the book, and can't seem to get them programed in the TV mode....only in AV1 or AV2 mode.

The code that I found works the stereo is: 31254 - but when inputting that code while in TV mode, the remote just "stops" once I push 3 because it is an audio code and not a tv code (that would start with a one)

I have also tried the auto program, but that doesn't seem to work.

So basically i'm asking, has anyone been able to use an "audio system" code in "TV" mode?

Thanks in advance for any help or tips!

-Scott
Sorry, it won't do what your trying to do.

·
Hall Of Fame
8,969 Posts
The on/off signals for those buttons only support the DirecTV receivers and TVs. There is no way to make them send on/off signals to other devices.

·
Legend
119 Posts
You can lock the volume to av1 or 2 so that it works in D mode, but you have to slide the selector to av1 or 2 to power off.
Once you put your code in av1 program volume 'mute+select' enter 993 then press select, this will allow volume control in directv mode but you still have to slide it to av1 and use the PWR button.

·
Legend
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DaaQ said:
You can lock the volume to av1 or 2 so that it works in D mode, but you have to slide the selector to av1 or 2 to power off.
Once you put your code in av1 program volume 'mute+select' enter 993 then press select, this will allow volume control in directv mode but you still have to slide it to av1 and use the PWR button.
Thanks, that is what I eneded up doing. I was hopeing to be able to use the decticated TV on/off buttons, but I guess that won't work. This will have to do.

Thanks again!
Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.