DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I am new to the forum so if this has been discussed previously let me apologize in advance.

I just received a Samsung UN46f6400 TV that I have in an upstairs office. Downstairs I have an DirecTV HR-34 DVR. I have RVU enabled on the new Samsung. I would like to know how I can use the DirecTV remote to control the DVR functions, if possible. Despite programming the DirecTV remote to control the Samsung, all I can get the DirecTV remote to do is power on/off, raise & lower the volume, and access the Samsung menu. Selecting "List" on the DirecTV remote does nothing. This is true if the slider is to the left or the right.

I'd appreciate input.

Thank you,
Scott

· 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!
1,766 Posts
This post by RAD might help you

Poleposition said:
I have RVU running in kitchen on a new Samsung UN40F6400AF. Works great. No issues other that the fact that I have no access to the playlist and rew/ffwd and other options with this new smart remote. Basically no dvr functionality. Just live tv and full directive guide. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Order the RC71 remote control, program it with code 54000 and you'll have all the DIRECTV functions available.
You might also want to read through that thread if you have any other issues to discuss/report.

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
I don't think you can use the old white remote to control the RVU part of the TV. you can use the Samsung Remote or get an RC71

· Dad
5,798 Posts
Major_Sirius said:
Got the RC71. Works pretty well but I do miss the "stop" button not being there. Thanks all!
From my read on this site, that has to be the number one complaint of the RC71 remote. Maybe someday when the next model comes along, we can have a Stop button again. I miss it too.

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
Not again! :bang

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.