DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea when or if DirecTV will release RVU client boxes to use with the HR34?

I want to swap out a stock of HR25 with a HR34 and several RVU clients instead of the current H25/H24. The reason here is I want to be able to use the DVR functions on the client end and the H25/H24 will not allow DVR functions on live TV without first recording to the HR34. The H25/H24 uses it's internal tuner 1st where a RVU client would use the HR34 tuner.

Thoughts?

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
It will be a while yet but I expect something to come out at some point. Sorry I cannot be more specific.

·
Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stuart Sweet said:
It will be a while yet but I expect something to come out at some point. Sorry I cannot be more specific.
I see there is a C30-700 RVU client certified on 7/29/2011. I thought this was the HMC-30. As I now understand the HMC-30 became the HR-34, my mistake.

So we have no info on the C30-700 RVU then?

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
There is no information on the C30-700. It's been discussed before that even though it was RVU certified, there's ben no information as to a possible release date. It's also been extensively discussed that the image you refer to is a mockup, not a photo of an actual box.

·
1 Posts
Just a little something I thought would peak some interest... The c31 will be the first Directv branded rvu client. Don't believe me? Ask an agent to type c31 into their search tool and they'll confirm it for you.

·
Dad
6,615 Posts
jeremymc7 said:
So we have no info on the C30-700 RVU then?
Liv2game said:
Just a little something I thought would peak some interest... The c31 will be the first Directv branded rvu client. Don't believe me? Ask an agent to type c31 into their search tool and they'll confirm it for you.
Actually the C30 was on display at the Entropic booth at CES. Photo available in the CES 2012 highlights thread. So that qualifies as the first Directv branded RVU client.

May not see it shipped to customers if the C31 is the one coming. Can't wait to see.

Liv2game, :welcome_s

·
Hall Of Fame
3,588 Posts
I'd really like to hear more about this. It's what I'm waiting for before I get my parents to switch from Comcast to DirecTV. Hopefully they keep them extremely cheap, or preferably free. I need one HR34 and 6 thin clients. Maybe only 5 if I can convince them to get an RVU enabled TV for the living room.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
The Samsung RVU TV is available now but as for the standalone boxes... it will be a while yet. It's way too soon to say "soon."

·
MRVing
4,117 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
The Samsung RVU TV is available now but as for the standalone boxes... it will be a while yet. It's way too soon to say "soon."
Dang, that long, eh? :lol:

·
Always Searching
1,938 Posts
jzoomer said:
Although they could make such a box, what would the advantage be over a H25? The cost of an H25 would be the same as an RVU client box and you get an independent tuner.
While I would prefer the H2X myself, the advantages of RVU would be an ability to trickplay live Tv, and to manage the HR34 remotely (series manager, ToDo list, etc.)

·
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,541 Posts
dsw2112 said:
While I would prefer the H2X myself, the advantages of RVU would be an ability to trickplay live Tv, and to manage the HR34 remotely (series manager, ToDo list, etc.)
Yes, that'd be sweet! And speaking of which, depending on one's definition of soon, I was lead to believe that a client would be shipping within two months of CES..... The source will remain nameless, but it was not DIRECTV® nor Entropic.

·
Legend
249 Posts
Now that the HR34 has been released, if using RVU I assume you need to connect it directly to the TV. What about if you want to use a sound system with an RVU capable TV. Is there a way to currently do that and still use the HR34?

·
Problem Solver
1,916 Posts
RMSko said:
Now that the HR34 has been released, if using RVU I assume you need to connect it directly to the TV. What about if you want to use a sound system with an RVU capable TV. Is there a way to currently do that and still use the HR34?
As long as that RVU capable tv has an 'audio out' like stereo, TOSLink, Digital Coax etc, you should be able to connect an AVR to that.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.