DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
It will be a while yet but I expect something to come out at some point. Sorry I cannot be more specific.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
There is no information on the C30-700. It's been discussed before that even though it was RVU certified, there's ben no information as to a possible release date. It's also been extensively discussed that the image you refer to is a mockup, not a photo of an actual box.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
The Samsung RVU TV is available now but as for the standalone boxes... it will be a while yet. It's way too soon to say "soon."

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Because it's still a great 5-tuner DVR.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Understood... but many TVs don't pass Dolby Digital over their optical outs. I know my 2011 Samsung doesn't. I don't even know if it passes it over HDMI/ARC (because my audio receiver is too old)

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
My advice to you is... watch these pages.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Actually, RG6 cable is a really robust way of getting data across any building. 10BaseT (and later 100BaseT and 1000BaseT) didn't take off because it was better, but because it was cheaper. At the time (and I was there) every building was prewired with tons of twisted pair for telephone use. 10BaseT could go through telephone conduits while coax couldn't.

Now what we're seeing is that networking in the home can work over coax or UTP and really, UTP isn't that enticing for most homeowners at this point. It's just another expense and most folks are just as happy with wi-fi.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
This thread has gone off topic and the initial question has obviously been answered. If there are additional questions please feel free to start additional threads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.