DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Legend
191 Posts
Why would you want a C30/31 at $12 monthly fee (and no stand alone tuner), when a H24 can stream and remote record the same way w/ a stand alone tuner at $6/mo. am I missing something?

· Legend
191 Posts
RAD said:
Where are you getting $12/month? Everything I've heard is $6/month for an RVU client, not $12.

Advantages of the C31 would be you have all the same functionality on the C31 that you'd have with a HD DVR. You'd have full trick play, without first having to say to record the program, DoublePlay, Pandora, playlist management, DIRECTV on Demand, smaller footprint, less power usage, doesn't take a SWiM channel and caller ID without a phone line connection are some that come to mind.
I read it as $6 fee per RVU and an additional Advanced fee of $6 per RVU. yes, the doubleplay/dvr features arnt native on the non dvr's which would be on the RVU. but at that point, why not just get another HR24? cat5/coax... still a pull. I pulled my phone line like 5 yrs ago, caller id handling sucks, heh.

EDIT: I guess my overall question was... whats the reasoning behind this pricepoint. The equip costs less, why not $3/mo? give ppl a reason to use RVU where possible. Less support time on secondary dvr's.

· Legend
191 Posts
goofydisneydaddy said:
This is a very minor point, but you also can't set a recording to the HR34 from the HR24 right now. So, if you want to set a new series for recording, and are using the HR24, but want to keep all your series links on the HR34, you would have to go do that physically. As I stated, a minor thing.

The other reason I can think of is if you have OTA connected to the HR34, then you can access that through the C31.
Yea, thats really irritating. How can the H24 do it, but the HR24 not? we know the code is floating out there, merge it. its been like this for over a year now. I've been using the mobile app to fill that gap *lol* C31 would work good on my outside/hottub tv :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.